• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

FM3 Update

danzd

Actually, for its size, the HX Stomp has quite a bit of power.
Look, I know you hate Line 6, but let's not get carried away here.
I’m only targeting Line 6 because I think their stock IR’s are insulting for a unit that price. I’m sure it sounds fine with ownhammer IR’s but from where I was sitting that one time with a helix I really didn’t feel it was that big of a jump from a hd500. I think the hd500 is a great piece for the price. I’d save the $1100 and get another hd500 before I’d run with helix stock cabs.

Lohengrin

Don`t forget that G66 has to pay import taxes and they give three years guarantee on Fractal Audio products. Therefore it is absolutely ok that the price of the FM 3 is higher. I know them since 2010 and Jacques Isler is a real nice guy and their support is great!
For me it is not a question about price differences. Nothing FEELS like FAS when it comes to playing dynamics. Even Kemper Profiler Stage models felt like "snapshots" of good sounds for me. The reaction of the amp modeling of FAS is legendary :)
All valid points, of course. I got my Ultra back in the day with them and everything was sweet. However, pricing policy and delayed release of new products foster "alternative supply channels" in Europe (not supporting, just saying) and a weird market experience in general.

MrCrossroads83

All valid points, of course. I got my Ultra back in the day with them and everything was sweet. However, pricing policy and delayed release of new products foster "alternative supply channels" in Europe (not supporting, just saying) and a weird market experience in general.
Everything else than FAS felt like a compromise for me in the past. Stuff that you can use if you ain´t got enough time for a soundcheck when playing a payed gig at a party for example but it never made me think of going away from tube amps.
My Valvetech Hayseed 30 head and my Dr. Z. Maz 18 head were great amps but they eat powertubes for breakfast so I choose AX 8 last year when the price was decreased to 1.299 Euros. I sold it a year later for 1.300 Euros as the AX 8 was sold out and someone wanted it so bad ;-)
Know the price for used units is increasing up to 1.500 Euros or more as the FM 3 is delayed.
Weird world.... 🙃

Delayed release for things you are waiting for is always bad :-D

TenorKeith

Inspired
I’m only targeting Line 6 because I think their stock IR’s are insulting for a unit that price
There's no doubt, the Helix cabs are NOT good. Thank God for IRs! That being said, what I'm finding fascinating right now is that during the same time frame, the Axe III has gone DOWN in price by $500, while the Helix has gone UP by $200, and both units are made in China. Someone explain THAT to me :oops:

Reactions: jon

Lohengrin

Even though the delayed release is a source of frustration for everyone who is chomping at the bit to get one, a delay that ensures quality is actually a good thing in my opinion.
I was talking about delayed release in Europe vs. USA and how that affects the market, not about a global release delay to ensure quality.

Anzio

I was talking about delayed release in Europe vs. USA and how that affects the market, not about a global release delay to ensure quality.
Yes, I see that you were, but I was replying to a remark made by MrCrossroads83 who I believe was referencing the global release delay of the FM3.

Last edited:

MrCrossroads83

Hmmm.. I just noticed the FX8 disappeared from both FAS and G66 shops.. something's cooking
Yes, I think that`s because they focus on FM 3 now and for some reason I never really understood the existence of the FX 8 as a unit as it is misses the great amp models of FAS. Maybe it`s more for FX junkies but I am a simple guy when it comes to my setup....guitar, reverb model, drive model, amp model -> thats it, no scenes or something like that. I would have needed scenes in times when I played in a cover band but now I do not need it anymore.

Last edited:

JoKeR III

Experienced
Yes, I think that`s because the focus on FM 3 now and for some reason I never really understood the existence of the FX 8 as a unit as it is misses the great amp models of FAS. Maybe it`s more for FX junkies but I am a simple guy when it comes to my setup....guitar, reverb model, drive model, amp model -> thats it, no scenes or something like that. I would have needed scenes in times when I played in a cover band but now I do not need it anymore.
The FX8 fills a significant role for a lot of players and is a great piece of gear. Not everyone wants an amp modeler. The success of processors like the Line 6 M13 (M9), T.C. Electronic Nova and G-System and BOSS effects processors is evidence that there is a market for effects only processors. It's also the reason I chose to give Fractal a shot. I didn't need amp modeling, I was more than happy with the amps I was using, just wanted a multi-effects processor to finish my rig. It was my gateway back into modeling.

metalaman

To people who’ve previously been on FAS product’s waitlist: When a FAS product releases how many people get them before the initial stock runs out?
Just looking for a rough estimate from experienced users.

aciek_l

I think each such case is different. It's not the same quantity of people on the waitlist, it's not the same quantity of units ready.

MrCrossroads83

The FX8 fills a significant role for a lot of players and is a great piece of gear. Not everyone wants an amp modeler. The success of processors like the Line 6 M13 (M9), T.C. Electronic Nova and G-System and BOSS effects processors is evidence that there is a market for effects only processors. It's also the reason I chose to give Fractal a shot. I didn't need amp modeling, I was more than happy with the amps I was using, just wanted a multi-effects processor to finish my rig. It was my gateway back into modeling.
That`s right and I liked the M5 a lot. Since I tried the AX 8 last year I never thought of changing completely to amp modeling instead of real tube amps but FAS was a game changer :cool:

Anzio

I have a question for those of you who already have experience with FAS products. I understand that a 2-button footswitch can be used with some of their products (including the FM3) and connects using a TRS cable. A lot of pedals from other companies allow a 3-button footswitch to be connected via TRS cable. For example, I can add 3 extra buttons to my Eventide TimeFactor by connecting a Digitech FS3X (pictured). Does anyone know what would happen if this 3-button footswitch were plugged into FAS gear like the FM3? Would two of the three switches work? Would none of the switches work? 20191109_144310.jpg

Top Bottom