• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

FM3 Update. September 12 2019

Oh man!!! I’ve been waiting all day for someone to comment on that vocal. I’ve drafted a few, but they were just too mean to post ...:rolleyes:
The more people are in denial the more you teach them something new that they fight to disapprove. What is seen sometimes cannot be unseen. I pride myself in the mantra of shock factor. That's how you bring change into the universe...

OMG I just found out I've been using a toy to gig with! Damn...
Helix, It's a TOY in my humble opinion, because it has a cheap interface and cheap list layout look that is not well baked and tiresome and unmotivating to boot...I don't consider it pro gear even at that high price. I loved the way the BOSS line did the GT-1000 for example. It used an intuitive layout. To me the lazy approach of doing sliders for interfaces and bunching parameters in lists is the cheapest UI gimmick of getting something done. Cheap and fast. As much as the people that wanna disapprove making spit bubbles, they blew a bunch of money on something generic looking and not quite PRO Audio. They bought a continuation conundrum of the PODs that we all had, loved and hated later. I have never hated my Fractal Audio gear. I felt they were ahead of the curve and try to continue to strive forward with nice updates and innovations like the Eventide line. Line 6 Helix has not disappointed me sound wise either, but I feel its UI, look and feel is clunky and unpolished like a BETA test released to the public in its ALPHA test stage...I have had both the Helix LT and Helix proper and after a week or two they were quickly returned. I find them too un-motivating to continue using them day in and day out. Tiresome, boring and cheap HEARTED inside. I stick to my words...Yup, Helix is an lusterless, cheap imitation TOY and I've had them ALL...I'll stick with something superior and well baked. The Quality over Quantity crown goes to Fractal Audio for now. (I'll take John Petrucci over Pete Thorn any day! And I like Pete, no pun intended...lol)

Last edited:
Some other kids who like this "toy"...
Pete Thorn, Vernon Reid, Devin Townsend, Rhett Shull, Billy Bush, etc...

Many of us own and use both, and there's really no need to try and tear down another product, which until recently I haven't seen much on this forum.
Many of these kids, Ahem, have an Fractal Audio, AXE FX II or III hidden in their closet...lol Illusion may just be the Opiate of the masses... ;) Its just an opinion many of us on here share...Thus, its an Fractal Audio Forum, not a Line 6 Forum. Nothing to get teary eyed about...We are praising an flagship and innovative PRO Audio product shaking up the world. I'm a sad Capitalist at heart, but the happy owner of an AXE FX III...

Last edited:

VashTK

New here
On a side note, just sold my Helix LT and I have an AX8 to use while the FM3 gets released. Time to chill and wait, life is good.

Edited: The Rhett Shull mention was over his use of the Helix not him using fractal. Misread the original comment's context. o_O

Last edited:
I didn't know Rhett Shull used Fractal, I only really see him using real amps and helix.

On a side note, just sold my Helix LT and I have an AX8 to use while the FM3 gets released. Time to chill and wait, life is good.
To me an old time user of all Line 6 rack-mounted Pods since the first model came out and a prior owner of all the Helix modelers, which I sold, they helped bridge the gap until the AXE FX III came out. Now its time to step up to PRO level and nobody will ever look back...How could they ?! Its a complete studio in a box at 48 KHz sampling rate. Its DSP power alone would make my mom cry...Just watch that Leon Todd video again y'all...

Last edited:

DOGPUNTER

New here
I
The more people are in denial the more you teach them something new that they fight to disapprove. What is seen sometimes cannot be unseen. I pride myself in the mantra of shock factor. That's how you bring change into the universe...
I’m not knocking your style, or choices in music. I just feel that you could have chosen a better vocal clip, if you want people to take your opinions seriously. I’m not going to put much stock in someone’s opinions on tone if they come across as tone deaf. Jus sayin’ ...

Wetnosedog

Inspired
To me an old time user of all Line 6 rack-mounted Pods since the first model came out and a prior owner of all the Helix modelers, which I sold, they helped bridge the gap until the AXE FX III came out. Now its time to step up to PRO level and nobody will ever look back...How could they ?! Its a complete studio in a box at 48 KHz sampling rate. Its DSP power alone would make my mom cry...Just watch that Leon Todd video again y'all...

I feel the same.

Wetnosedog

Inspired
Seriously, A vs B vs C needs a different topic. This thread is about the FM3 updates.
I like it when people say what they think, and I see it as all connected. Why waste your time and energy reading and responding if you feel the need to correct people? If I don't care for a topic, I do something productive like play the guitar (novel idea, I know).

Can't wait for the FM3!!! Sure hope Buddy Austin puts his amp/cab packs together for them soon after the release!

Last edited:

yek

I like it when people say what they think, and I see it as all connected. Why waste your time and energy reading and responding if you feel the need to correct people? If I don't care for a topic, I do something productive like play the guitar (novel idea, I know).
See thread title and post 409.

Wetnosedog

Inspired
And if being smug and presumptuous had an award, I'm sure you'd win.
Ouch! Was that really necessary? I'm guessing you haven't seen the Matrix? That was what my joking comment about "My beliefs do not require you agree" was based on. I wasn't calling your babies ugly, I just feel Line 6 is semi-pro and Fractal is pro. If you disagree, that's cool. Peace man, we are guitar brothers after all.

Top Bottom