• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

FM3 Update. September 12 2019

Admin M@

Administrator
Fractal Audio Systems
As many of you have observed, the FM3 has been delayed.

The rumors are not true: FM3 is NOT canceled! The product is coming along well and is set to be released as soon as possible. The first production container is already in transit, and while we don't have a specific date yet we expect shipping to begin this fall with production ramping up continually until the demand can be met.

In the meanwhile, we would encourage you to consider the Axe-Fx III and FC controllers, which are in stock and ready to ship.

A note to buyers outside the USA or Canada: due to production constraints, we do not expect to begin supplying International dealers until Q1 2020. Axe-Fx III and FC controllers are now freely available for your dealers to order from us.

cp13po

New here
Many thanks also for the update. As I guessed Downunder would not be likely to see the FM3 until Q1 2020 - thanks for confirming and setting my expectations. Can't wait, but will! :) Cheers.

PS. Anybody in the US want to buy one for me.....joking! ;-)

Mark-B

Inspired
😕 .. The rumors are not true, y'say?? .. 🤔 ... 👯‍♀️👯‍♂️👯‍♂️

....Sorry folks ..had to get rid of Sponge Bob.. He had to go .. Ain't nobody - not-ever, in the history of All Mankind, ever been THAT happy..

Last edited:

cp13po

New here
The rumor that it doesn't exist is not true. The rumor that it is delayed, the one you've been arguing against, is VERY true.
Agree, and although the position being put forward (for the large shipment) had some merit, the deriding delivery to counter those suggesting it was delayed was not necessary (esp. as the delay has been confirmed in plain language - see first post above). Anyway, great to have an update and revised expectations. Thanks again.

Mark-B

Inspired
The rumor that it doesn't exist is not true. The rumor that it is delayed, the one you've been arguing against, is VERY true.
Tellsya what ...I'll go sit in the corner for ten minutes, IF ...You can just be HaPpY with this new update. :0)

Lou Lab

Inspired
This validates my decision of Monday to get the Axe FX III. It will spend 90% of it’s life in my small studio and I’ll carry it around when needed. When reviews for the FM3 come out, I’ll decide if I want or need the portable unit as well. Now that I went for the flagship unit, I doubt that I will. I also like the fact that the Axe FX III is US made.

Schmokes

Inspired
Could we get an idea on how many units will be in the first batch?
They won't, and shouldn't provide that information. Some units will be provided to beta testers, some to reviewers, some will be set aside as warranty replacements. Besides, there is no way to tell where anyone is on the waitlist, so knowledge about how many are on the shipment wont get you any closer to knowing when you'll receive yours.

mcro2430

New here
Thanks for the update. "In the meantime while you wait for our budget-priced floorboard, we encourage you buy our almost-$3000 solution instead" probably isn't the answer people are looking for either though. But transparency helps when there are delays.

Top Bottom