FM3 Update anytime soon?

Patience grasshopper.
Personally, I'd rather it be "right" than fast.

That being said, I didn't do the update from May (IIRC). I would probably update for a Klon just because I accidentally sold my last physical clone (thought I had a different one in the drawer). But, honestly, I like everything the way it is so much, I'm afraid of an update screwing things up.

What’s the “THUMP” I keep seeing people talking about?

From https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/fm9-firmware-version-3-00-public-beta-2.185881/ (FM9 firmware list-of-goodies - we can hopefully expect the FM3 to have a fair number of these )

* Added Speaker Thump control to Amp block. Speaker Thump models the dynamic, nonlinear behavior of a guitar speaker. A value of 5.0 roughly corresponds to an amplifier running into a speaker rated at the same power as the amplifier, i.e., a 100W amplifier running into a 100W speaker. The reset value is a conservative 2.5 which represents, i.e., a 50W amp running into a 100W speaker. Note that the majority of the response is in the subsonic region and the effect is primarily tactile. Existing presets are not affected and the value will be zero

I am very happy with my Fractal FM3. The sound is very good. Fractal is an extremely competent and professional company, also in terms of support and customer care with updates. This was also one of the reasons why I switched from another modeler to the FM3. The GUI of the other modeler was very good, but the device remained at the level at which it was purchased. There were no updates and therefore no troubleshooting.
Surely there are different products at Fractal, which also cost different amounts.
Nevertheless, Fractal gives the impression of a "three-class company". In the same period (December to now), there were 17 updates for the FX III, and 5 for the FM 3.
The setlist function does not exist until today. I have tried several times to ask but always without success....
I am curious what version 6.0 will bring for us FM3 users.

Back
Top Bottom