FM3 Turbo For The Win...

I think you'll see the next gen FM3 within the next two years or so. I posted my thoughts here:

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/fm9-is-perfect-an-fm3-perspective.176315/

I don't think everyone understood my perspective (as you can see in the thread). When Fractal launched the FM9, think it was intentionally a larger footprint to avoid killing the FM3. With other products like the QC hot on Fractal's heels I think you'll see more power in a smaller package eventually.

Interestingly, after I posted that thread I found a video postulating that the FM9 may actually spell the end of the AXE III (it's not quite the same power, but it's close enough in a much more portable package). We'll have to see about that one.

Interestingly, after I posted that thread I found a video postulating that the FM9 may actually spell the end of the AXE III (it's not quite the same power, but it's close enough in a much more portable package). We'll have to see about that one.
The FM9 is not quite close to the Axe-FX III in CPU power, I/O and features.

I'm going to stick my neck out here and say I think the FM9 won't sell as good as people think once the hype dies down - people wanting the smaller form factor will go FM3, those needing the extra horsepower will go to the AXEIII and bypass the halfway house.

A Turbo FM3 will kill off the FM9 IMO...just remember you can always add/subtract an FC6 to the FM3 to get your 9 buttons (if you had the Turbo FM3)

Obviously all my own opinion here.....

I'm going to stick my neck out here and say I think the FM9 won't sell as good as people think once the hype dies down - people wanting the smaller form factor will go FM3, those needing the extra horsepower will go to the AXEIII and bypass the halfway house.

A Turbo FM3 will kill off the FM9 IMO...just remember you can always add/subtract an FC6 to the FM3 to get your 9 buttons (if you had the Turbo FM3)

Obviously all my own opinion here.....
I do not agree :)
Fractal offers FC6 and FC12. Both sell well because everyone needs something different.
There is more room to expand your electronics in FM9 than there will ever be in FM3. The price can make a difference for someone who has FM3 and FC6. Then replacing FM3 with FM3 + will be the best.
We'll see what the future shows.

Still holding out for a FM0 Turbo myself. Pair that bad boy with an FC12 for live playing and call it good (yeah, right... Until Axe-Fx IV is announced lol)

The FM9 is not quite close to the Axe-FX III in CPU power, I/O and features.
I said it's close enough, meaning that it has enough power to satisfy most people (then factor in the lower cost and smaller footprint). I thought it was an interesting proposition. Like I said, we'll see.

I said it's close enough, meaning that it has enough power to satisfy most people (then factor in the lower cost and smaller footprint). I thought it was an interesting proposition. Like I said, we'll see.
Heck I’ve technically seen people port their heavy axeiii presets to the fm9’ with zero issues because the cores are done differently. It still has “less power and features” but in some areas it can do the same

What processor is available for them to use?
Yeah, exactly :)

It wouldn't surprise me at all to see a Turbo (or MkII) version of the FM3, if...IF...the processor is available with a faster clock speed but is otherwise just a like-for-like replacement, is still within the power and thermal requirements of the FM3, and makes sense cost-wise.

Well that didn't take long, I want my FM3... Turbo! I wouldn't expect the current model to get a turbo boost but you know damn well the next hardware version is in development. This company listens to it's users and does everything it can to implement things in the best way possible

AxeFx III will not be killed by anything. The fact is you have all that horsepower, in/out's etc and can be racked up for studio's and touring (simply run an XLR to the floor controller and be able to have a tech assist). And consider the modular approach; 6 or 12 or 18 or 24 switches. Just don't see it...

AxeFx III will not be killed by anything. The fact is you have all that horsepower, in/out's etc and can be racked up for studio's and touring (simply run an XLR to the floor controller and be able to have a tech assist). And consider the modular approach; 6 or 12 or 18 or 24 switches. Just don't see it...
Like I said, it's an interesting idea that will have to play out. Guitar playing is actually experiencing increased popularity despite not being as prominent in pop music. Along with that comes a shifting mindset for younger players, in short they value compactness. I'm not taking one side or the other, but it's still a valid proposition which I wouldn't have thought of.

I have the OMG9 setup with and EV2. I'm on the list for the FM9, but I may hold out for the AXE IV? Can't be much longer for the IV?

I have the OMG9 setup with and EV2. I'm on the list for the FM9, but I may hold out for the AXE IV? Can't be much longer for the IV?
Considering they just released a add on for the III that pushes its power even further i think it’ll be. Years

Back
Top Bottom