Fm3 thru a Mesa Lone star

Should work nicely. Has a series FX loop so you can try just plugging in to that with speaker sims off.
The diagram on p.31 ("TRADITIONAL GUITAR POWER AMP & SPEAKERS") will cover all you need to know.
You could even try it in 4CM, but that type of setup is overrated in my opinion.

Yep! I’m doing it now. My lone star is a head though and it goes through a 2x12 cab with Celestion Creams. Sounds fantastic!

Last edited:
I’m using my FM3 in 4CM with a Mesa Rectoverb 25 and an Electra Dyne and it’s incredible. Not overrated at all, IMO. :)

I don't mean that traditional 4CM doesn't sound incredible, just that using the preamp models in the FM3 ALSO sounds incredible, plus you get greater versatility, less noise, and lower latency.

I don't mean that traditional 4CM doesn't sound incredible, just that using the preamp models in the FM3 ALSO sounds incredible, plus you get greater versatility, less noise, and lower latency.

Did you write the section in the manual on 4CM? Because it also downplays this approach, which seemed odd and a bit subjective for a technical document. ;)

Either way, I love my new FM3 and I love my Mesa amps, and 4CM is really working for me. Thanks for making the FM3! Super happy with it in this application.

I do recommend the fractal hum buster cables with the Lonestar effects loop. I was getting hum before using hum busters.

Back
Top Bottom