FM3 through real amp and cab

Deadpool_25

Fractal Fanatic
So I’m only planning on using the FM3 with my real amp(s). Depending on the amp I would probably use 4CM but may just go straight into the FX loop. I’d think that could simplify tweaking a lot—no power section or cab block tweaks.

Anyone used their FM3 as a preamp and effects into a real amp and cab yet and care to share thoughts?

I have used factory presets with amp and cab modeling turned off, and all thru the front of my amp. It sounds fantastic. I have not used the FX loop yet.

I don't have the FM3 yet, but I do have the AXE3 (which should sound identical). I have run into the effects loop of an EVH5150 III and then into an Egnater 412 cab with Celestion G12K-100 speakers. I don't run this setup very often, but it sounds glorious.

Maybe this reply should be it's own thread because I don't want to derail the OP's original intent, but I think my experience relates - it's just not a real FM3>"4CM" response...

I have used Mark Day's Recto preset into both the CLR/QSC via OUT1 while simultaneously running OUT2 into a MESA 2:90 with amp and cab modeling STILL ON (into a 4x12 with Creambacks and a 2x12 with V30s)... The results were interesting as I was running ONLY the CLR/QSC path FIRST to get acquainted with the FM3, and I thought that that option with the Mark Day Recto preset was pretty ballsy and hot UNTIL I quickly added an OUT2 (for fun) on the FM3's grid and turned on the 2:90 and then the whole house started to THUNDER and VIBRATE with an insane amount of massive "amp-in-the-room" sonic glory, but with no unwanted boominess. It was the "biggest" thing I've ever heard in my life (and I've gigged w/ a Splawn Nitro and a Marshall 410 running in stereo before) and I couldn't believe I was making all that "wall-of-sound" glorious 80's high gain kind of thing. It kinda made the CLR/QSC sound a little weak, where it had just sounded awesome a minute earlier... All volumes were equalized and everything was on the floor and the CLR&QSC were set to wedge/floor monitor mode. I tried to capture the audio differences, but it's an "in-the-room" difference and feel that can't really be picked up and translated over the internet. I assume this is where people recommend the XiTone over the CLR to bridge THIS gap of massiveness in the "feel" (pushing air/shaking your pant legs kinda thing) that the MESA 2:90 has FOR DAYS. One caveat: the CLR/QSC did have more articulation/definition that really made some of those nice FM3 frequencies and nuances pop through, but again, I didn't try to fix the OUT2 MESA 2:90 side, in fact, I left the amp and cab modelling ON because it sounded so awesome from go... Maybe I need a XiTone to get the best of both of those worlds??? (because I'm definitely NOT lugging a 2:90 and a 2x12 and a 4x12 around with me).

I don't have the FM3 yet, but I do have the AXE3 (which should sound identical). I have run into the effects loop of an EVH5150 III and then into an Egnater 412 cab with Celestion G12K-100 speakers. I don't run this setup very often, but it sounds glorious.

Sounds awesome. Which 5150 III variant?

Back
Top Bottom