FM3 Status Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess we are about 10 days in ? :)

My useless speculation cause well why not while we wait , I wonder if Cliffs new patent might be getting ready to show itself
and perhaps like Mimic and prior big jumps ,requires all of he amps again to be remeasured and redone with the New secret sauce implemented
AdminM did say this will be the way forward for the platform in the future , maybe Cliff is putting the building blocks together for that while the FM3 Dev are porting the drive Block , Archon etc , that would likely take a month and Axe 3 has been quiet for 2weeks now

Wouldn't Mimic be awesome, as an effect !!!
I have tried the suggestions and patches on FM3 with mixed success....to my ears anyway :)

Wouldn't Mimic be awesome, as an effect !!!
I have tried the suggestions and patches on FM3 with mixed success....to my ears anyway :)

Not mimic the pedal from TC :)

I am talking an entire platform change like the different major overhauls before , there was G3 , Mimic, , I can't even remember now what the 2 ws before Ares , the Ares platform has been around a while , so my thinking is that new patent that Cliff has , the fact that Matt said this will pave the way fwd for future development, and the fact that 14.04 was released on October 16th a month ago , would indicate that a possible change to the core modelling could be in the cards ,from Ares to Zeus or whatever you get the idea
Every time there has been a change like that there has been a lull in updates because all the amps have to be redone with the new methods

I am probably completely off base ,but the signs are similar that is all

According to the patent information, approval is still pending.

https://patents.google.com/patent/US20200279546A1/en?inventor=clifford+chase

More likely Cliff is busy overseeing cleaning up the FM3 problems and that's why there has not been any AxeIII updates for a couple weeks. Of course that's pure speculation on my part...
I don't think Cliff is going to wait for the approval, it could take years.
Look at Kemper's patent, it was approved almost 6 years after publication and 3 and a half years after the KPA actually came out

Regardless, I don't expect that technology to make it to the FM3. But again, that's pure speculation on my part and we're definitely way off topic here.

Regardless, I don't expect that technology to make it to the FM3. But again, that's pure speculation on my part and we're definitely way off topic here.
I agree on that, probably the fm3 will only be able to load "profiles" made on the axe fx

Speaking of precision drives...
It is funny to watch Misha recreate his elegant Fractal rig in the messy real world in order to garnish endorsements and sell things.
I wish him well, but its such a backwards journey for the same tone.

I agree, i still respect everything he's done for himself. I feel like he's been more about the marketing aspect of selling things. I completely understand it, full time musicians have to find ways to make money.

I've shied away over the recent months due to him creating some tension related to politics

How about this for backwards, i just got a used 100lw Katana Mk2 head just so it can power my fractal. That's all I will use it for probably.
Just got the tracking for precision drive, it'll be here Friday, so i think we are going be ok (it was $100 i can sell it for more than that).

Would I be out of line to comment that is more than a little frustrated at the throughput of Axe FX III firmware updates to FM3 updates during the same time frame? I bough an FM3 because it has plenty of power and options for what I need but, like most players out there/here, I love seeing new options and models added. Maybe I am wrong, but it just feels like the Axe FX III is getting A LOT more love than the FM3. The 1.06 FM3 firmware came out on Sept. 9th and there's been nothing since. Meanwhile, I see multiple Axe FX III updates released. I guess it just feels like the commitment level is just not there for the FM3. I'm not mad, but I guess I'm just disappointed. I feel like the $1000 I paid, and after the year that I waited to get my hands on an FM3, I should feel like there is a stronger commitment to release updates more often. That is all.

Would I be out of line to comment that is more than a little frustrated at the throughput of Axe FX III firmware updates to FM3 updates during the same time frame? I bough an FM3 because it has plenty of power and options for what I need but, like most players out there/here, I love seeing new options and models added. Maybe I am wrong, but it just feels like the Axe FX III is getting A LOT more love than the FM3. The 1.06 FM3 firmware came out on Sept. 9th and there's been nothing since. Meanwhile, I see multiple Axe FX III updates released. I guess it just feels like the commitment level is just not there for the FM3. I'm not mad, but I guess I'm just disappointed. I feel like the $1000 I paid, and after the year that I waited to get my hands on an FM3, I should feel like there is a stronger commitment to release updates more often. That is all.
It's a different processor and whatnot. It's a different team working on the firmware who, it sounds like, aren't quite as experienced as Cliff. As the post says, Cliff is now more involved. It'll be fine.

You would be out of line. No one from Fractal has said the FM3 would receive the same updates as the Axe III, only that they would port new features from the Axe III as they are able to. Fractal has said they are working on fixing the known issues with the FM3. Until the issues are resolved, it doesn't make sense to add anything. As far as the lack of commitment to releasing updates, well...I just can't say what I want to say.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom