FM3 : Sound gap increased with all new upgrade firmwares between presets switching

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phil AMMELOOT

Dear All,
I am contacting you for a very big problem on the FM3 that I bought in January 2021 (the serial number is : FM3-20102595), I explain:
When I bought the FM3 it had the firmware version 3.02 and the sound gap between presets switching was 600 milliseconds. When I upgraded to firmware version 4.02 (made in Cygnus), the sound gap between presets switching went up to 900 milliseconds (to measure this it's very simple, just record a guitar sound and then switchs and measure the gap between preset switching during your recording).
BUT IT'S NOT FINISHED, when I upgrade to the 5.02 firmware, it's even more catastrophic, the sound gap went to 1,5 SECONDS : the horror !!!
How FRACTAL can make changes to firmwares while degrading them, I do not understand.
Is there someone at FRACTAL, an engineer for example, who can solve my problem and return to a sound gap of 600 milliseconds as before? Is this possible? Or is it irreparable?
In advance, thank you for your help.
Best regards,

Phil AMMELOOT

Do you have used the update preset option as described in the manual on page 102?

The problem usually is that, in order to get "older" preset running on newer firmwares, you need to upgrade them on load. If they there never stored with a current firmware, it will do so on every preset change (note that this gap may increase depending on how much firmware upgrades were between the stored predet and the current version).

SETUP: UTILITIES: PRESETS
When executed, all presets stored in flash with an older version of the firmware will be upgraded to the currently installed firmware version and automatically re-saved to flash. This process can take up to 20 minutes but will speed up preset changes in some cases.

Thread cleaned up and closed. I agree with you that it would be wonderful if Fractal Audio could publish its official manuals in all languages, but it simply isn't possible for a company our size.

Fractal Audio support is available in the USA and Canada (sorry, English only; je parle français comme une vache espagnole).

In France, http://g66.eu can help.

Another option might be to use the French language section of this forum.

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/forums/babels-corner.47/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom