FM3 Slight Return

Rags

The FM3 is really sweet. I also have the AXE III, which by any standard is impressive, but the smaller footprint of the FM3, eliminating the necessity of carrying a mobile rack with a precious unit, made the decision to buy the FM3 for gigging a no brainer.

Although I’ve had the FM3 for only about a week, in this scant review being objective may be difficult because I have never touched the ‘other products’ that typically parallel the Fractal line.

The most important aspects of my purchase include;

• The FM3 footprint is quite doable.
  • Ease of use.
  • Within a few minutes I had the hang of the foot switch layout and capabilities.
  • Fractals’ commitment to product development is becoming legendary.
  • Tweaking on the FM3 standalone is not too bad but AXE Edit for FM3 makes customization a breeze, not to mention a pleasure.
  • The broad array of amps, cabs, FX and routing leaves only ones ears to decide the soundscape they wish to create. You may find the presets alone are gold. There are just too many features to talk about in a simple paragraph or two. Download the manual, join the forum, ask questions and do your best not to salivate on your keyboard.
  • Leave this space blank for future Firmware Upgrades.
  • If you’re looking for a rock solid, state of the art modeler, that also offers great portability, than the FM3 has to be heard to be believed. One final thought is that your choice of speakers for a live sound must also be factored into any modeler purchase. If you would be just using the FM3 for recording than you’re all set.
  • How did that happen? Another bullet appeared out of thin air.
  • Lastly, I am not affiliated with Fractal Audio and have received no consideration for this review but I still love 'em.

Back
Top Bottom