FM3 Screen Protection

teddis

Fractal Fanatic
The beautiful FM3 screen being a floor unit is potentially susceptible to falling debris, cable ends, Beer in Leon's case :), etc. The Factory protection sheet is a temporary shipping damage precaution i think, and did its job in my case.

I measure the screen at 11cm X 7cm (please measure your own). Is this the same as AXEFXIII ?
As it sits flat in the FM3 Bezel a covering slightly larger may suit, and cover the gap....good in Leon's case :)
I like the idea of these peel and stick "Tempered Glass" solutions i see for iPhone as opposed to the bubbled protective films.
Any done this yet ? Reco's ?

Cheers

The beautiful FM3 screen being a floor unit is potentially susceptible to falling debris, cable ends, Beer in Leon's case :), etc. The Factory protection sheet is a temporary shipping damage precaution i think, and did its job in my case.

I measure the screen at 11cm X 7cm (please measure your own). Is this the same as AXEFXIII ?
As it sits flat in the FM3 Bezel a covering slightly larger may suit, and cover the gap....good in Leon's case :)
I like the idea of these peel and stick "Tempered Glass" solutions i see for iPhone as opposed to the bubbled protective films.
Any done this yet ? Reco's ?

Cheers

CEBA gear that does the vinyl skins
does the screen protectors too
gear by ceba is his FB page i think

I have not attempted to cut tempered glass before.....I don't want the vinyl, bubbled stuff like I mentioned.

No worries.......need something that will bounce protect if you know what I mean.....a solid surface may be better.

I wonder whether CEBA's ingenious screen guard for the Axe III might work for the FM3. Don't know if the screen size and knob spacing are the same. No matter, I'm sure they'll develop a dedicated one soon.

Just saw that.....if its the same size....just needs cut down obviously. I'd buy one, that looks durable :)
Held on with Neo Mags ?

They look really good. I have a good shield for home studio for my ax8, but would love one of the CEBA shields for my someday soon FM3.

A very easy solution is to pick up a 12"x6" piece of clear acrylic. Attach two small self adhering clips to the acrylic (one on each side towards the bottom of the acrylic- they clip to the grab handles). This will allow the screen protector to slide up and/or be easily removed if access to more controls is needed. It would offer a degree of protection against some impacts and some spills while at the same time allowing the unit to breath more than a direct cover or plastic wrap. It would probably only cost ~$5.

I actually really like the white carbon fibre look...but that's more than I would spend for sure.

2 threads about the same thing. Wish we could get thew moderators to combine the two. Not sure they can actually.

Back
Top Bottom