FM3 routing question

Hi Everyone,

my first post here. I’m contemplating getting an Fm3. I had a question though regarding routing. Is it possible to route a stereo signal with one side going into an FRFR can (fm3 cab enabled) and the other side going into a poweramp and cab (fm3 cab and power amp disabled)? Also is it possible to use just power amp sim with cabinet with the fm3? The use case would be if i’m running a tube amp into a load box and taking the line out through the power amp sim and cab?

thanks in advance!!!

Last edited:
my first post here. I’m contemplating getting an Fm3. I had a question though regarding routing. Is it possible to route a stereo signal with one side going into an FRFR can (fm3 cab enabled) and the other side going into a poweramp and cab (fm3 cab and power amp disabled)?
You can't disable power amp modeling per output...

You can either disable it globally or in the Amp block for a given preset.

But what power amp are you using? If it's relatively flat and doesn't add color then you don't need to.
Also is it possible to use just power amp sim with cabinet with the fm3? The use case would be if i’m running a tube amp into a load box and taking the line out through the power amp sim and cab?
You can't disable the preamp of the Amp block. There's no way to use only the power amp modeling.

The typical recommendation is to use the Tube Pre amp model at default settings as the preamp section is supposedly flat.

However, I think the Tube Pre now defaults to having the power amp disabled so you'd need to turn that on.

But, of you're running a tube amp into a load box you're already getting the power amp character from your real amp, I think... You'd only want the power amp modeling when using just the preamp signal.

You can't disable power amp modeling per output...

You can either disable it globally or in the Amp block for a given preset.

But what power amp are you using? If it's relatively flat and doesn't add color then you don't need to.

You can't disable the preamp of the Amp block. There's no way to use only the power amp modeling.

The typical recommendation is to use the Tube Pre amp model at default settings as the preamp section is supposedly flat.

However, I think the Tube Pre now defaults to having the power amp disabled so you'd need to turn that on.

But, of you're running a tube amp into a load box you're already getting the power amp character from your real amp, I think... You'd only want the power amp modeling when using just the preamp signal.

thank you very much for the response.
I’m using a SS poweramp so it does not add color I suppose. Thats great to know

my second question was not clearly explained. I have an amp which has a resistive load built in. So i was thunking just use the preamp from the amp (amp send to fm3 loop return) and not go back into the amp but use the poweramp and cab sim. Looks like that will bit work.

thanks again. Super useful information.

Building off this thread...I realize that we cannot run two amp models in stereo on the FM3....I was wondering if it would be possible to run an FM3 amp model along with a Tube amp in 4CM..my initial thoughts are we cannot do that...if only the the stereo effects loop could also work as two independent FX loops :)...is there an alternative approach???

Back
Top Bottom