FM3 FM3 recording levels

Hi all,
I'm using FM3 as audio interface with Reaper in Windows10. Fw 6.0. I have the following questions:
  • using a patch with -12dB level on the AMP block, verified with CTRL+L that hits 0dB and goes to +1/+2 in the red zone very rarely and doesnt clip, when I record the wet signal through USB 1/2 it enters Reaper track at approx -12dB... is it expected? I would have assumed the recording being the same of CTRL-L displayed output 1 level...
  • the DI recorded through USB 3/4 have very low LUFS, approx -33LUFS integrated with an humbucker pickup. The same guitar in my Scarlett 8i6, with zero gain in Input 1 (set as "Instr"), records at -22/-23LUFS integrated, much hotter. Is such a difference expected? Does it mean that any DI my customers supply for reamp which are not that low, should be adjusted around -33LUFS to get consistency in the presets I make with my guitars when I inject them through USB3/4 for reamping?

Sorry if they are trivial questions, but I'm getting really puzzled.
Thank you in advance for any support
Fausto

See the recording guide, particularly the instructions in configuration #5 about recording a DI.

See the recording guide, particularly the instructions in configuration #5 about recording a DI.
Thanks a lot I've tried to look for the MIDI CC NONE suggestion on I/O menu but on FM3 I couldn't find anything. However, what should be the expected DI recorded level with a med/high output humbucker?
Regards

I'm not sure what you're referring to. There's no mention of midi cc in the configuration #5 instructions. Whatever you record from the Axe-FX on usb channel 5 is the correct level. If you want to record your DI from your audio interface, follow the instructions for configuration #5.

I'm not sure what you're referring to. There's no mention of midi cc in the configuration #5 instructions. Whatever you record from the Axe-FX on usb channel 5 is the correct level. If you want to record your DI from your audio interface, follow the instructions for configuration #5.
I can't yet paste links and I'm feeling very stupid... I thought you referred to your guide wiki on recording I found through the Fractal wikis, where at section 5 says that sometimes the DAW sends MIDI signals to the unit which could block or diminish the volume... so I thought that was the case! But I couldn't find any MIDI CC to set to none in the IO menu as mentioned.
From your reply I'm definitely offroad :D
Pls take into account I have FM3 and the DI is recorded capturing USB 3/4
THANKS and sorry for the confusion

Back
Top Bottom