FM3 recognition problem

As I've stated before I've tried them all on this laptop and two others...same thing. I made sure all the drivers from Fractal were installed, I made sure other devices automatically worked in the other USB ports...that's why I think it is something in the FM3

As I've stated before I've tried them all on this laptop and two others...same thing. I made sure all the drivers from Fractal were installed, I made sure other devices automatically worked in the other USB ports...that's why I think it is something in the FM3
Then get back in touch with Support and explain that you've exhausted your options.

Kinda strange that support would send you a link to this forum instead of trying to help you.
For transparency's sake; update...I talked to support again. They've had me send back to them to test. I think it just quit "talking" out the USB. My computer(s) makes "the sound" when you plug in or unplug it just doesn't know what it is. Hopefully they'll fix it and get it back to me soon. My hope is that it's a "wire came loose" or "port was bad" situation. I get that devices of this nature have bugs and such, we've all been there, the kicker is how the company handles it. Having said that I'm glad they asked for it back and are trying.

My experience from Mac Book / OS X is: if possible avoid USB hubs, then the FM3 is being detected just as it should.

I used no hubs. I did try every USB port on three different laptops (and four different cables) though...same result and every port I tried I plugged other things into and they was immediately recognized. I exhausted every option and every suggestion from forums to support...I've been proved wrong before but I think I did my due diligence on this. Now it's in Fractal's hands (as of today according to UPS) hopefully it's simple and I get it back quick. It has inspired me to start playing again and fight through my Rheumatoid problems. My last foray into "modeling" was a Line6 Vetta II...I cannot believe how far this stuff has come. I actually did the NoNo of telling my wife "this will be the last thing I'll ever need" Of course I had the Mission Eng. Gemini II ordered, and FC-6/EV-1 in the "cart"....

Back
Top Bottom