FM3 Presets 4.01

Admin M@

Administrator
Fractal Audio Systems
Greetings everyone!

As you may have noticed, the recent FM3 firmware 4.01 release includes a new presets utility that updates all of the presets in memory so they load more quickly under the new firmware.

We have run this utility against the factory banks for you, and also included some bug fixes. (Most notably, the delay times in some presets were set to half of the value found in their Axe-Fx counterparts.) I'll post these to the web site and begin installing them on new units soon; meanwhile, here's a preview release:

https://www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/firmware-presets/fm3/4p0/FM3_factory_preset_banks_v4p01.zip

EDIT: These are now on the web site.

Last edited:
Greetings everyone!

As you may have noticed, the recent FM3 firmware 4.01 release includes a new presets utility that updates all of the presets in memory to a new format able to load more quickly under the new firmware.

We have run this utility against the factory banks for you, and also included some bug fixes. (Most notably, the delay times in some presets were set to half of the value found in their Axe-Fx counterparts.) I'll post these to the web site and begin installing them on new units soon; meanwhile, here's a preview release:

https://www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/firmware-presets/fm3/4p0/FM3_factory_preset_banks_v4p01.zip
Thanks for this Matt. Other than the bug/delay fixes, would you explain the benefit in this. Specifically, how does running the utility on your end change the presets in your download? Is there some new format for these new presets that will give us more than us running the utility on the previous factory banks ourselves?

Hi @dsimms. There are various small fixes in comparison to the previous factory banks. (Examples include things like "scene named delay + roto had the root block bypassed"). If you were enjoying the factory presets, I'd definitely recommend this version, which is NOT the same as just running the upgrade utility against your previously installed 4.0 presets. I say this in recognition of "New Presets" fatigue, and would add that 4.01 is expected to be the last release until some future change requires major changes.

Sorry i did not understand.. If i used the new utility in the 4.01 to update do i need to download the factory preset in the link above? Thanks

Nice, I'll install. I've been revisiting presets since 4.0 and they are much more useful as jumping off points for me. I rearrange the effects a bit and may swap cabs but I like them quite a bit.

Sounds loud and more organic to me. I played a riff, did the update, refresh after update and did the riff again.
all good :D

Thank you very much for the revised presets.
I just copied it to the FM3 and started the utility tool - it took only about 30 seconds until finish!!! Is that because I already used it with the 4.0 presets?

I loaded them in. Good timing, too, because I had just accidentally overwritten stock Bassguy and was super relieved to have this zip file to reload and rescan. No issues to report at this time except my Dogman preset WIP isn't coming together the way I'd like. The dogmanity!

Back
Top Bottom