FM3 Presets 4.01

Hi guys ! Someone on Facebook tagged me about a small mistake on the preset "Fremen's Mini Drones" (I made the Axe-Fx III version, but not the FM3 conversion) : scene 4 was triggering a E min chord instead of B Minor. It's an easy fix : scene 4 should use channel D, and not channel A, of the Synth block. Just edit, then select scene 8, and save !

In case you missed it, here's my demo of the Axe-Fx III version, which sounds more "full", thanks to the second Synth block :

Out of curiosity. I downloaded all presets and used fractal bot to install. Fractal bot showed them being installed but the FM3 unit never did anything like when I installed 4.01. Is this right or is it a issue? 4.1 the FM3 showed installed and had to restart. After the Presets it just stayed on the current preset.
I had the same issue, or so I thought, they were there, but had to refresh fm edit for them to actually show in the list

Reactions: HIO
Been gigging for the lasr week so Im just getting round to upgrading. I dont really get the instruction to upgrade the presets in the presets utility page. I mostly use Austin Buddy based presets, should I perform this function? Will it make any difference to the Austin Buddy presets?

Been gigging for the lasr week so Im just getting round to upgrading. I dont really get the instruction to upgrade the presets in the presets utility page. I mostly use Austin Buddy based presets, should I perform this function? Will it make any difference to the Austin Buddy presets?
After you upgrade the presets in the FM3, they will load faster. This process doesn’t change the tone of any preset.

@austinbuddy’s very latest presets are very recent, and they may not benefit much from the update speedup. But it doesn’t hurt to run the update.

Last edited:
After you upgrade the presets in the FM3, they will load faster. This process doesn’t change the tone of any preset.

@austinbuddy’s very latest presets are very recent, and they may not benefit much fro. The update speedup. But it doesn’t hurt to run the update.
thanks Dude,

doing it now.

Hi Admin M@
Thank you for these upgrades. You mentioned in a previous post that 4.01 will be the last upgrade for a while. I reported the "Scene Revert" bug a while back, and you indicated that a fix would be coming for all the Fractal models down the road. Any idea when, or if, that will be addressed?
Again, thanks for such superb attention to detail and amazing customer support.

374 Larry Mitchell NY 1990 is so much fun and sounds so good.

The last show I did, I used the John Pettrucci Rig with no tweaks. The soundman said it was the first di guitar he's had that all he needed to do was turn it up. These presets are great

What happened to the "Mag and Piezo FM3" preset, it was preset 380 and in the manual if anyone hadn't noticed it, the illustration is wrong on page 38 or 44 depending on how you are looking at it.

It shows the acoustic guitar running into the output instead of the input of the FM3.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211011-002007_Drive.jpg
    Screenshot_20211011-002007_Drive.jpg
    722.1 KB · Views: 43
Reactions: Rex
What happened to the "Mag and Piezo FM3" preset, it was preset 380 and in the manual if anyone hadn't noticed it, the illustration is wrong on page 38 or 44 depending on how you are looking at it.

It shows the acoustic guitar running into the output instead of the input of the FM3.
Good catch. Reported.

Reactions: HIO

It’ll be fixed when the manual gets updated.

Hi All

I'm a newbie to Fractal, to I'm familiar with Boss, Line6 stuff.
I received a brand new FM3, then upgraded to v5.01 when I got hit with downloaditis.
In my madness(stupidity !), I decided to download the Cygnus presets (which I now know were already loaded :grimacing:)
and loaded them AFTER updating to firmware v5.01

Do I have to do anything else, like refresh them or anything ?

Hi All

I'm a newbie to Fractal, to I'm familiar with Boss, Line6 stuff.
I received a brand new FM3, then upgraded to v5.01 when I got hit with downloaditis.
In my madness(stupidity !), I decided to download the Cygnus presets (which I now know were already loaded :grimacing:)
and loaded them AFTER updating to firmware v5.01

Do I have to do anything else, like refresh them or anything ?
If you downloaded them from the Fractal Website then they are the latest & greatest & should be fine. I re-loaded them as I messed some of mine up & it was all good. I’m on fw 5.01*

* Edited

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom