FM3 Presets 4.01

I just tried the presets ,so did you change the way they sound,Maybe its me, but they freakin sound awesome. Im only at usa mark iv and I'm stuck there cause it sounds so good. they don't sound bassy. They sound like you can pretty much use the way there set :)

Since I still haven't finished testing the Ares version of these presets, should I skip the rest of the oldest ones and go directly to the 4.01 Cygnus ones?

Since I still haven't finished testing the Ares version of these presets, should I skip the rest of the oldest ones and go directly to the 4.01 Cygnus ones?
What are you testing for? In other words, what do you stand to gain by waiting to update?

the Ares version was built on Ares amp modeling meaning the values selected worked best with Ares data.

the Cygnus presets were adjusted for the changes that came with Cynus modeling. it's a high chance that the Ares presets won't sound "as intended" on Cygnus modeling due to the changes.

so it's advised to update the presets to the Cygnus versions with Cygnus amp modeling so it sounds as intended.

even if you did like an Ares version on Cygnus modeling, you could easily change a few basic parameters to get that sound with Cygnus.

Out of curiosity. I downloaded all presets and used fractal bot to install. Fractal bot showed them being installed but the FM3 unit never did anything like when I installed 4.01. Is this right or is it a issue? 4.1 the FM3 showed installed and had to restart. After the Presets it just stayed on the current preset.

Out of curiosity. I downloaded all presets and used fractal bot to install. Fractal bot showed them being installed but the FM3 unit never did anything like when I installed 4.01. Is this right or is it a issue? 4.1 the FM3 showed installed and had to restart. After the Presets it just stayed on the current preset.
There's a major difference between installing factory presets vs. firmware.

Firmware has to be written back to the flash memory (SRAM?) and at that point the system is unstable and must be rebooted. Installing presets, factory or otherwise, doesn't make the system unstable so you can continue on once they're installed.

I think of it as if the firmware is like a new version of an operating system for my computer, and the presets are like my user files. I always have to reboot after a system update, but not when I add a file.

Out of 150+ non-factory, non-Cygnus presets, there were only 17 that I felt sounded better before doing the Utility Preset function. Which took exactly 20 min. for me. They sounded darker and wetter. No biggie, just reloaded them instead of trying to re-tweek them.

Greetings everyone!

As you may have noticed, the recent FM3 firmware 4.01 release includes a new presets utility that updates all of the presets in memory so they load more quickly under the new firmware.

We have run this utility against the factory banks for you, and also included some bug fixes. (Most notably, the delay times in some presets were set to half of the value found in their Axe-Fx counterparts.) I'll post these to the web site and begin installing them on new units soon; meanwhile, here's a preview release:

https://www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/firmware-presets/fm3/4p0/FM3_factory_preset_banks_v4p01.zip

EDIT: These are now on the web site.
Did anything change between the test run and the ones on the website or nah

Back
Top Bottom