FM3 preset, one channel pro block with scene controllers gap while switching scenes.

Jazzyk

Hey guys,
I need some tip. I set up pretty nice preset based on Steve Stevens preset on my FM3.
I use only one channel on all of the blocks, I change few things on amp with scene controllers but when I'm changing scenes I'm experiencing a gap. Aren't the scene controllers desinged for gapless switching ?

So here it is. It happens when I change from Scene 1 to Scene 2.

Attachments

• Wet Drive.syx
    24.1 KB · Views: 3
It takes a little bit of time to change sounds when switching scenes, but I'm not hearing a gap in the audio.
When switching scenes, make sure that the scene switch acts on push-down instead of release (don't assign a HOLD function).

You have a scene controller attached to INPUT DRIVE. That's not recommended, see below:

Fractal:
"Depending upon the amp model it can take a lot of CPU to calculate the Input Drive network. Some amps have simple networks that are rapidly solved. Others, like the Hook Lead and Rhythm models have complex networks that require more math. If you attach a modifier to the Input Drive it is constantly recalculating the network which increases CPU usage."
"Some amps have complicated input drive circuitry that requires a lot of calculations. Adjusting the Input Drive control can result in crackling as the time required to recalculate the network is long. Don't attach a controller to the Input Drive on these amps." [115]
"Takes a lot of math to calculate the Drive. Not a bug." [116]

Finally, take a look at your time effects. You have put them in parallel, and as such you should configure them to be 100% wet.

Thanks for the tips, I also noticed that when switching and releasing foot from switch fast it was gapless.
I wasn't really expecting it that it can impact how fast Scenes are switching.
Tried it with few other presets and it was also without gap.

Back
Top Bottom