FM3 Preset doesn't sound correct after reboot

So, I wasn't able to find anything specific to this in my forum searches so thought I'd post it here and see if it's expected behavior. When I boot up my FM3 it is on the last preset I had selected but when I play my guitar it doesn't sound good. The preset shows on the screen and light on my switch is on for that preset. However, the sound isn't that preset. Only when I click on the switch to select the already selected preset does it sound like the intended preset. Below is a sound example of playing my guitar after a reboot and after select the present with the switch.

Maybe I missed a post by someone else on this topic and it's expected behavior for the FM3. My AxeFx 3 doesn't have this same behavior. I also have white screen issues when booting up my FM3 sometimes and will need to reboot to get the boot loader to launch. I believe this might be related to the USB cord being plugged it but can't reproduce it consistently.

Do you have a Wah in your preset ? I find when I power up my unit the Wah in my preset (that is controlled by an expression pedal and is off as default) is on until I reselect the preset. Only happens right after powering up and will act as expected after the first preset change (or reselection). Hope that this may help you track down your issue.

Do you have a Wah in your preset ? I find when I power up my unit the Wah in my preset (that is controlled by an expression pedal and is off as default) is on until I reselect the preset. Only happens right after powering up and will act as expected after the first preset change (or reselection). Hope that this may help you track down your issue.
you know what, I actually do have a wah in this preset. let me play with that and see if that's causing this behavior.

thank you Mike.

That was exactly it, I didn't have an expression pedal attached and once I attached an expression pedal the issue went way.

Again, thank you Mike.

Back
Top Bottom