Fixed FM3 Pitch block Detune algorithm - the detune MIX Level keeps re-setting/snapping back to 50% mix value, even after changed/saved .

austinbuddy

Fractal Fanatic
Vendor
@Michael Pickens I am not sure if this is hardware or software, and I can send you a preset with example.
@Admin M@

The GUI and hardware keep moving the FM3 Detune Mix value back to 50% even when I set it 25% and save it.

Happened in two different detunes (Channels) in same preset.

Kept driving me crazy because I KNOW I set it to 25% to sound good, saved....and then when I come back to that preset later and it would snap back to 50%.

Or even while I am working in the same preset on another scene and come back to it.

Something in firmware is causing it to "snap back" to a MIX 50% value instead of the user chosen value?

Ping me and I can email you the preset for you investigate (it's part of forthcoming Bank 3 Live Gold TonePack so can't post here).

@austinbuddy I can't reproduce this.

Steps I tried to repro this from the FM3 front panel without FM3-Edit running:

• Started on an EMPTY preset
  • Added a PIT block
  • Set the block type to Dual Detune
  • Set the MIX on the block to 75%
  • Saved preset
  • Changed to a new preset
  • Changed back to the preset I came from

The mix remains at 75% on the block. I tried other mix values with the same results.

Have you checked the Modifiers tab in the Controllers menu to make certain you haven't accidentally assigned a modifier to the MIX value that's forcing it to 25%?

There is a known issue with the pitch block in fw 1.05. The MIX parameter will jump to either 100% or 50% (depending on which pitch type you are using) when you change scenes. It saves properly but gets messed up when a scene change happens.

Sorry I missed the original post of the bug. glad it is noted.
Ian I can send you a preset to play with.

Today this issue was driving me just a little crazy! 😎

Back
Top Bottom