FM3 Pedalboard with hardcase

Fritzi

I'm wondering if any of you have got a pedalboard with a hardcase/flightcase. I'm having trouble finding one that would fit a FM3, because of the height.
/Fritz

What dimesions are you referring to when you say "height"? Are you talking about an airline carry-on/overhead bin sized situation? Whats going on the aboard besides the FM3? You need to be more clear.

What dimesions are you referring to when you say "height"? Are you talking about an airline carry-on/overhead bin sized situation? Whats going on the aboard besides the FM3? You need to be more clear.
He means being able to close the lid on the hard case without undue pressure.

the dimensions of the FM3: 11.1″ x 9.3″ x 4.05″ (281mm x 236mm x 103mm). So the ”height” is 4” (103mm), which is a lot compared to a ”normal” effect pedal. this also restricts the pedalboard choices, especially if you looking for a pedalboard hardcase combo. The overall pedalboard dimensions should be around 600mm x 450mm. Dont have the OMG9, but I guess OMG9 have the same dimensions as I’m looking for. Doesnt have to be an actual pedalboard, could also be one those hardcases where the lid of the case is used (think Id prefer that actually). Anyways I was just wondering if anyone know of any brands out there that make such a pedalboard?

^^ Did you do anything like remove the feet or something? When I tried to put the fm3 in my Pedatrain classic hard case I couldn’t close the case so I bailed on it a bought something else. I would still like to do this however. Can you post a pic please? Thanks!

I’m running into the same problem with the pedal train classic case. I can close the lid, but there is a lot of pressure from the foam. Any concerns with the buttons being pressed by this foam? Especially the main knob?

^^ Did you do anything like remove the feet or something? When I tried to put the fm3 in my Pedatrain classic hard case I couldn’t close the case so I bailed on it a bought something else. I would still like to do this however. Can you post a pic please? Thanks!
You can see in this photo where the foam has been compressed from living in the case, it doesn't even resist anymore when I close it but zero effect on the FM3.

Attachments

• fm3-pt-case.jpg
    fm3-pt-case.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 86
My ideal would be a case like the gator case (with the removable top) that can fit a templeaudio.

Any ideas?

There are two different road cases with different depths that Pedaltrain, even for the same model of pedal board. The "Hard Case" has smooth rounded edges and is shallower than the "Tour Case" which has edges more like typical road cases.

Count me in the camp of people using a PedalTrain with a “Tour Case”. In my case it’s an original PedalTrain Jr. with custom rubber feet. Also removed the bumpers from the FM3. Like others have said, there’s some resistance when closing it but it doesn’t cause any issues.

-Aaron

Back
Top Bottom