FM3 Now Shipping

I had gotten my invite last week on Tuesday, label was created within an hour of ordering and UPS came by the next afternoon to pick it up. From my experience dealing with couriers at work, unless it's priority shipping, when you create a label they come by the next day to pick it up. Mind you this is a different city and a government office but was consistent with my shipment of the FM3.

Given the time of year, they may also be a little busier than usual right now. All that being said, it's on UPS, not Fractal. Once Fractal prints the label, the boxes are probably already packed up and sitting on the loading dock just waiting for the UPS truck to come by.
I was given a shipment date when I ordered last Thursday (11-19) and the label was generated, the package (FM3) left Monday 11-23 (and the FC-6 on Tuesday 11-24 - who knows how the shipment was split). I will receive on Friday 11-27 (and Saturday 11-28) as opposed to the original date of Tuesday 11-24.

It's all good. ALL GOOD! These guys are working their tails off to get off this waitlist, they deserve some holiday cheer too!

Grateful for Fractal Audio Systems all all those working hard to help us on the path to superior tone via their outstanding modeling units!!

Hope everyone has a great and grateful Thanksgiving Holiday!!!

Showed up today. Actually, I paid for 3-Day shipping and it only really spent 2 days on transit. Very happy!

Figured I'd update incase anyone else had one that was MIA. At least as of Monday, they were still shipping.

It is quiet today....nothings guys ?

On Monday the wait list was up to Oct 7 and Wednesday someone had Oct 9th. Much slower progress this week then huge catch up that happened over the last few weeks. Lets cross our fingers this is due to Thanksgiving and having less staff on hand vs low stock. In the mean time play what you have and our number will come up...

Waitlist: 9/15/2020
Invite: 11/20/2020
Ordered: 11/20/2020

Received 11/27/2020.

Upgraded to v2 beta, then a little time with Fractool converting my main Axe III presets to FM3. I know it's based on the same modeling as the Axe III, but it's still crazy to hear sounds this good coming out of a floor unit this size. I am THRILLED!

Naw shipping isn't that much. This order included an EV-1 which weighs 5 lbs in its box. Not sure where they came up with the 7.8% or so tax as it matches neither Cali nor NH. Just subtract the EV-1 out of this + 7.8% tax or so and shipping on the FM3 is probably $30 or so. The Axe FX III was only $40 to ship so.....best guess $1108 or so.

Attachments

• fractal order.png
    fractal order.png
    218.8 KB · Views: 27
Naw shipping isn't that much. This order included an EV-1 which weighs 5 lbs in its box. Not sure where they came up with the 7.8% or so tax as it matches neither Cali nor NH. Just subtract the EV-1 out of this + 7.8% tax or so and shipping on the FM3 is probably $30 or so. The Axe FX III was only $40 to ship so.....best guess $1108 or so.
I did not realize that the shipping of the unit was so much less. I ordered the AX8, the shipping was $35 a couple years ago. The shipping on my FM3 and FC6 was like $45. Bonus! Tax is the big extra, especially in IL.

Here's the break down of my FM3 ordering:

Signed up on Wait List Request: Sun, August 16th, 4:11 PM
Received Purchase Invitation: Tue, November 17th, 12:13 PM (basically a 90-day waiting period)

NOTE: When I received the Purchase Invitation, I did not have the money to order. I contacted FAS Sales to ask if I purchase in a week, would they still have a unit for me available. Sales replied and said that they didn't anticipate running out of FM3 units in a weeks time and one should be available. However, sales also said that if they sold out of their current inventory and a unit for me was not available, they would contact me back to let me know and that I would not lose my place on the Waiting List.

Purchased/Received Order Confirmation: Tue, November 24th, 9:01 PM
Order Status Changed to Now Shipped: Wed, November 25th, 8:24 AM
UPS Picks Up Package: Wed, November 25th, 4:54 PM (I was hoping UPS would pick up early in the day, but it was in the evening)
UPS Tracking Shows: Delivery on Mon, November 30th

Regarding Shipping and Tax:

FM3 Subtotal: $999.99 USD
Shipping - UPS 3 Day Select: $55.00 USD
Tax: $87.04 USD
FM3 Grand Total: $1,142.03 USD

Last edited:
Hi all, just an update that we're now serving October 11, 2020 and literally working overtime to get the remaining invites out to you as quickly as possible. Assuming supplies hold up we expect to clear the waitlist and have the FM3 in the store during December.

I'll add that the response rate to invitations, as expected around the holidays, has gone way up. So, rather than just waiting for units in the store, if you really want a unit for someone special (like you!!) please don't hesitate to join the waitlist now by emailing waitlist@fractalaudio.com with the subject containing "FM3".

Not sure where they came up with the 7.8% or so tax as it matches neither Cali nor NH.

We take regulatory compliance very seriously, so we use a sophisticated 3rd party system to calculate tax based on up-to-the-minute rules provided by your state and local agencies. This is beyond what you'd see when shopping locally, or even online with other providers. For example, you might see a state tax, county tax, municipal tax, tax on shipping, special taxes, and more. If talking about politics were not prohibited here, I'd complain about the fact that the burden of implementing all of this has fallen upon merchants, while the states just act like sharks in a chum fest. For example, there's the fact that some states are imposing penalties without amnesty for the interval between when they passed their "Wayfair" laws and the when a merchant could get adequate systems in place to tax customers in that state.

@EricGlass, I can't do it for everyone since it's a dive, but since you've already posted the tax rate, I'd be happy to paste a breakdown for you here or send it to you privately. Your home state has more individual taxes than any state I am aware of except perhaps Illinois.

Back
Top Bottom