FM3 Now Shipping

Hi,
my first post so be gentle.
Just a little note to give hope to G66 customers waiting in the UK.
Just received my email informing me I should get my FM3 end of Dec, I applied on 22 June
I am also the UPS driver who delivers to my neighbourhood, which means It will be sitting on my van all day !

Just a little note to give hope to G66 customers waiting in the UK.
Just received my email informing me I should get my FM3 end of Dec, I applied on 22 June
Excellent news! My mid-September G66 waiting list invitation does not feel to be so far away anymore.

Ordered mine Thursday morning and shortly after I received a shipment notification, but there hasn’t been any update since. The tracking number still remains as “Shipment ready for UPS”. I know the website said there would be a one day shipping delay, but now I’m getting antsy. Lol...I upgraded the shipping to 2nd day air so I could possibly have it before I go back to work on Wednesday for a week straight but it’s not looking like that’ll happen...anyone else have similar issues?

Ordered mine Thursday morning and shortly after I received a shipment notification, but there hasn’t been any update since. The tracking number still remains as “Shipment ready for UPS”. I know the website said there would be a one day shipping delay, but now I’m getting antsy. Lol...I upgraded the shipping to 2nd day air so I could possibly have it before I go back to work on Wednesday for a week straight but it’s not looking like that’ll happen...anyone else have similar issues?

Yes I just got off the phone for the same issue. The guy wasn't especially helpful tbh, but he said to read the policy, it says one to four business days, so he said technically even if I paid for it Thursday, today is only the second business day. Kinda sucks but it is what it is.

Same here. Shipping label was created same day I ordered but didn't actually ship out for a couple days. I think they just have a lot of orders to get through...
And sadly, mine got stuck on the other side of the state so it's delayed another day :(

Same here. Shipping label was created same day I ordered but didn't actually ship out for a couple days. I think they just have a lot of orders to get through...
And sadly, mine got stuck on the other side of the state so it's delayed another day :(

Not the end of the world, I was just confused. Especially because the Fractal account page says "shipped". That word has a kinda specific meaning, lol. Doubly put off when the person on the phone wasn't apologetic, I just asked and he said "FM3 page and checkout page tell you our policy" like I was accusing them of something. Kinda weird.

Anyway, I've waited a lot longer than a few days for gear before so no harm, no foul. Can't wait!

Just offering this as a gauge of things for folks -
Got on FM3 waitlist 9/2020
Got my invite the other day, bought immediately and have tracking for inbound shipment on 11/30.....
I.am.so.excited!!

I am making arrangements to take Monday and Tuesday off from work next week lol....well. I work from home anyway, but I will be ready! lol

Not the end of the world, I was just confused. Especially because the Fractal account page says "shipped". That word has a kinda specific meaning, lol. Doubly put off when the person on the phone wasn't apologetic, I just asked and he said "FM3 page and checkout page tell you our policy" like I was accusing them of something. Kinda weird.

Anyway, I've waited a lot longer than a few days for gear before so no harm, no foul. Can't wait!

Unfortunately a lot of systems work like that. It's easy to program your website to hook into the shipping label generation. It's a lot of extra work to do said generation but only set the package to "ready for shipment" and then keep checking until the status updated to "picked up by carrier". So creating the shipping label is what triggers it to be "shipped", sine the rest will happen after that.

Also, if Fractal isn't dropping them off by hand to a UPS store, creating the shipping label really is exactly all they have to do to ship it then it's out of their hands. The next step is UPS comes to pick it up and if UPS takes an extra day because they're busy with the holidays or they can't fit them all in their truck today Fractal can't control that.

Anyway, it's still frustrating but hopefully knowing why helps some.

I had gotten my invite last week on Tuesday, label was created within an hour of ordering and UPS came by the next afternoon to pick it up. From my experience dealing with couriers at work, unless it's priority shipping, when you create a label they come by the next day to pick it up. Mind you this is a different city and a government office but was consistent with my shipment of the FM3.

Given the time of year, they may also be a little busier than usual right now. All that being said, it's on UPS, not Fractal. Once Fractal prints the label, the boxes are probably already packed up and sitting on the loading dock just waiting for the UPS truck to come by.

I received my invite 11/18 and ordered on 11/24. I joined the waitlist on 8/23.

Though, for some reason, my order has been stuck on "awaiting payment." Maybe they're catching up on orders.

Back
Top Bottom