FM3 Now Shipping

Does anyone who has received their fm3 get a USB cable and a disc for the computer program? I just got mine and I only received the unit itself. Is there somewhere I purchase it or should i email fractal?

Does anyone who has received their fm3 get a USB cable and a disc for the computer program? I just got mine and I only received the unit itself. Is there somewhere I purchase it or should i email fractal?

It's a standard USB A to B cable, like printers and other devices use. You most any cable should work. It's not included for some reason.

And no disk for the software, you can download FM3 Edit from the fractal site or these forums.

It's a tough decision. (not really) and after 5 months of waitlisting with an invite just around the corner I'm now leaning towards just going with the III.. 🤫

Hey it's really easy for me to spend your money, but just go for the III. I bought both and almost immediately traded off the FM3 and haven't looked back since. Maybe if your use case requires a lot of mobility and there are always monitors where you set up it's different, the 3 isn't exactly compact, but the CPU alone was reason enough.

Hey it's really easy for me to spend your money, but just go for the III. I bought both and almost immediately traded off the FM3 and haven't looked back since. Maybe if your use case requires a lot of mobility and there are always monitors where you set up it's different, the 3 isn't exactly compact, but the CPU alone was reason enough.

Why did you trade the FM3 right away? Did it sound any worse or was the CPU simply not sufficient for your patches? The FM3 is still less than half the cost of a 3 while seemingly retaining most functions needed for most recording, jamming, gigging and practicing situations.

Why did you trade the FM3 right away? Did it sound any worse or was the CPU simply not sufficient for your patches? The FM3 is still less than half the cost of a 3 while seemingly retaining most functions needed for most recording, jamming, gigging and practicing situations.

Sort of makes sense if you can get $1500 for the FM3! its essentially like using the FM 3 to buy the FX III $500 off if it works out that way.

Yup, thats how I got to know about the FM3. I am sure there must be others who were reminded of its existence on that day.
Weirdly me getting on it had nothing to do with it shipping I just saw the HX Stomp in the store for about the 10th time (I never got along with the Mark IV model when I demoed it) and was annoyed dragging around heavy gear all the time, and they had some powered PA speakers on sale cheap. So on a whim I bought it in late January.

Played around with it, found out the cheap powered PA speaker was no good (huge bass boost for DJ use), bought a Yamaha DXR10, discovered Fractal's Stomp-ish AX8 replacement the FM3 existed, went to order, found out there was a waitlist a year old and it has literally just start shipping. Ended up returning my HX stomp on day 28 of my 30 days and ordering an FXIII, but also got on the FM3 waitlist.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom