FM3 Now Shipping

Wow. Actually some folks I am ahead of in the list. I'm April 5. ;)

For what it is worth I had build a little tool that predicts an approximate invite date based on the recent rate of invites and a given invite date. The last approximation was for the 21st of this month. It is obviously not accurate, but given how relatively consistent they've been in moving through the backlog, I'd say this is within a week of being accurate.

Bottom Line is that it is probably pretty safe to guess that we'll all receive our invites around the week of the 21st. Barring any major changes or an some factor like they got a surge of new waitlist requests around the end of March or Early April (which is actually pretty possible since that is when they started shipping).

Not sure if that increased or decreased your angst.
I would be happy with a September 21 date. I would be happier with a September 8 Date lol! You cannot increase my angst anymore than its current level.

We might be entering a local peak in people signing up for the waitlist, since it officially started shipping Feb 12th I could see some people getting reminded or hearing about it for the first time and starting to sign up again.

We might be entering a local peak in people signing up for the waitlist, since it officially started shipping Feb 12th I could see some people getting reminded or hearing about it for the first time and starting to sign up again.
Yup. Exactly what I’ve been thinking. I got on the list a little while after the announcement. I am sure there were others like me who jumped on the bandwagon around the same time as well.

July 2020 for me. So for those of you with upcoming invitations, I would like to say to each of you personally: I think you would be a great drummer. And that maybe you should start focusing on that instead? Some good sales out there I hear, or am pretending to hear...
For your consideration :)

I also suspect there will be a peak for April and May 2020 from the Covid Stimulus.

I'm not sure if I should admit that I fall into this category. I was on the fence, but this kind of pushed me over the edge to sign up. I really should have done it sooner.

I'm just hoping I beat the rush. ;)

I'm on the 18th, so must be right around the corner. Now to decide if the FM3 looks stable enough to warrant downgrading from the III...

This is the crunch time according to me. The second peak after the initial list (due to the announcement). And the next peak might be because of the stimulus checks.

I will be ordering both - FX III for home and maybe bigger gigs. FM3 for rehearsals and regular shows.
That's a lot of Canada Fun Bucks tied up in two things that do the same thing though. The III was almost $4000 and the FM3 is going to be another $2000.

I'm debating it, but if I assume I want an FM3, then it's an extra $4000 to have a version that gets faster updates and can hold kitchen sink presets (which I won't need for home recording anyway).

It's a tough decision. (not really) and after 5 months of waitlisting with an invite just around the corner I'm now leaning towards just going with the III.. 🤫

Back
Top Bottom