FM3 Now Shipping

I have to imagine things will "move faster" now, going by calendar dates. I'm sure there was a huge glut of sign-ups in April-June as compared with July-forward. Still exciting to watch!

I have to imagine things will "move faster" now, going by calendar dates. I'm sure there was a huge glut of sign-ups in April-June as compared with July-forward. Still exciting to watch!

I hope so. I signed up earlier this year. I was hoping to buy it as birthday present to myself. My b-day is at the end of August, so that ship has most likely sailed barring some miracle. Maybe a Christmas present to myself would be more likely. I'm glad to see things keep moving though.

1597345409256.png

Updated graph of time on waitlist as a function of the date someone was added to the waitlist. We slowed a bit right after I posted this last time (Around page 116) but are speeding up again. I think the overall predictions stated then still hold:

the average wait time is now going down about 1/1 with the date added to the wait list (so someone who was added on May 10, 2019, waited about 440 days, while someone who was added on June 10, 2019, waited 410 days for their invite). So by the end of this month, we should be into the July 2019 invites, by the end of August, we should be into the September 2019 invites (about 350 days on waitlist), and by the end of September we should be in the end of November 2019 invites (310 days on waitlist), and so forth. If this kept up, We should be well into 2020 wait-listers by October of this year.

The last update (July 30) brought us to about 380 days on the waitlist.

Does anyone know if Fractal sends an email when the unit is picked up for shipment. I received my invite last week and purchased right away but I haven't heard anything since. Just want to make sure someone is at the house for delivery since I have heard that the delivery drivers sometimes are just dropping it off without a signature or just leaving a slip on the door so they avoid contact. I don't want to be a victim of a porch pirate and I don't want the unit to get shipped back to Fractal because I was unable to pick it up from the shipping company in time, since I work out of town during the week.

FM3 Waitlist date - 8/1/2019

FM3 (w/HP Jack) Invite Date - 8/14/2020

Great start to the weekend!

EDIT:
Just arrived today. Had a few minutes to noodle around at work. Sounds amazing (not surprising). Went straight to the Petrucci FM3 rig. Wow! I won't know definitively until I get home and do a side-by-side comparison with the AXE FX-III, but the FM3 sounds better through headphones than I remember the III sounding when I first tried it. Might be the rush from just being new, but I'm impressed anyway.

Last edited:
Does anyone know if Fractal sends an email when the unit is picked up for shipment. I received my invite last week and purchased right away but I haven't heard anything since. Just want to make sure someone is at the house for delivery since I have heard that the delivery drivers sometimes are just dropping it off without a signature or just leaving a slip on the door so they avoid contact. I don't want to be a victim of a porch pirate and I don't want the unit to get shipped back to Fractal because I was unable to pick it up from the shipping company in time, since I work out of town during the week.

I received an email from Fractal, subject line: Your Fractal Audio Systems Order Has Been Updated

Included in the email is a link to the tracking number(s).

I think I should be getting an invite in the next couple weeks. Although I never received one for the AXE FX3 a long time ago. Fingers crossed they will honor my place in their waitlist this time. Fractal never answered any of my emails about why I didn't get an Axe FX invitation. I just hope that Fractal learn and improve that area of their business. Communication is very important to customers. When Fractal starts getting real competition consumers remember these things and they will not be loyal to Fractal. Positive grid has had some pretty serious issues too. They at least have learned from it and are communicating regularly with their customers on wait list. How hard would it be to push updates by email to the folks on the waitlist? I haven't received one update.

FWIW I've had the FM3 for about a week after 13 months on the waiting list. Totally worth the wait. Amazing..but there is definitely a learning curve.
My experience with Fractal sales and support has been great. My only suggestion would be a really well produced tutorial in bite size chunks.

Keep the faith wait listers!

FWIW I've had the FM3 for about a week after 13 months on the waiting list. Totally worth the wait. Amazing..but there is definitely a learning curve.
My experience with Fractal sales and support has been great. My only suggestion would be a really well produced tutorial in bite size chunks.

Keep the faith wait listers!
Check out Leon Todd "5 min tones" or anything FM3. He's very good at keeping it simple and a great guitar player as well. He even has free presets for users. I highly recommend!

I think I should be getting an invite in the next couple weeks. Although I never received one for the AXE FX3 a long time ago. Fingers crossed they will honor my place in their waitlist this time. Fractal never answered any of my emails about why I didn't get an Axe FX invitation. I just hope that Fractal learn and improve that area of their business. Communication is very important to customers. When Fractal starts getting real competition consumers remember these things and they will not be loyal to Fractal. Positive grid has had some pretty serious issues too. They at least have learned from it and are communicating regularly with their customers on wait list. How hard would it be to push updates by email to the folks on the waitlist? I haven't received one update.
I think in 7 years of being highly active on this forum I have only ever seen a handful of people complain about not getting an invite... And I'm pretty certain that every single one eventually came back to report that they found the email in their junk/spam folder.

Highly likely that your email got filtered or flagged somewhere.

You know they have phones, right?

Back
Top Bottom