FM3 Now Shipping

I read on another thread someone said it took 6 weeks to get to 4:30 EST for the no headphone model, meanwhile it took only 1 week for them to get to the same spot. I can't remember myself if that is true though...
That was me. The six week time frame was based on the following:

Feb 12, 2020 - invites for FM3 without headphone jack begin.

Mar 24-25, 2020 - many people report receiving invites with waitlist times in the afternoon on 4/23, including 2:54, 3:03, 3:49, and 4:14 Eastern. (See image of one of those posts below.)

So it actually took even longer than that to reach 4:30 PM the first time through the list, which further strengthens my point that FAS is going through the list much, much faster now than before.
FAS-Forum-Highlighted.jpg

Last edited:
FAS is going through the list much, much faster now than before.

It makes sense. They had a lot of pent-up demand when the list opened, so there was a dog pile on the list. After several weeks the requests were not happening as often. They were still dealing with that initial pile when the headphone units were announced, and now they should be hitting the tail-end of the initial group and starting to get into the names from people who signed up later. We see this sort of behavior in many anticipated events, whether it's ticket sales, or a grand opening for a store, Black Friday, etc. There's always a rush, then later people can stroll in.

That said, I'm in 10/2019 and the wait's killing me. :)

I would guess that they will be through the list in about 4 months.
As long as we are making guesses, here are mine:
1. They finish invites for April 23 early next week.
2. They finish all April invites within a week or two after that.
3. They finish all May invites about a week or so after that.
4. When they get to June 2, folks will begin getting invites who haven't had one before. What the list looks like after that is unknown, but it will probably start moving along at roughly the same speed as the non-headphone invites were moving before the headphone invites started going out.

Hope that a big batch is coming to Europe, can't wait to get my hand on the FM3. And besides, our other guitarist wants to switch to my AX8 since his amp starts to freak out, so I got a legit reason for a FM3, I suppose :D

Well, looks like a new round of flipping for profit has begun! Unopened boxes with headphone jack models. Hopefully those invites keep on going!

kind of a bummer, ordered on Wed. paid for 2-day shipping but wont receive until Tuesday. unit went out thurs and UPS don't deliver on weekends or holidays. :mad:
I feel your pain.. ordered mine yesterday.. it won't be here till Wednesday ...

waitlist 4/23/19 7:59pm est

Invite without headphone received 4/1/2020 3:31pm est

Invite with headphone received 5/22/2020 1:39pm est

Order placed for FM3 and FC6 on 5/22/2020!
Thank you for sharing all of these details. This lets us know that it only took 11 days (5/11 - 5/22) to reach the exact same point on the waitlist that had taken over a month and a half (2/12 - 4/1) to reach the first time through.

FM3 headphone version received today! Got about 10 minutes to play with it, then a last minute showing request and I had to pack up and clean. Probably won’t get to play until 9pm tonight...

Added to waitlist 4/23/19 6:44 PM EST.

Invite received no headphone jack FM3 4/1/2020 2:28 PM CST.

Invite received headphone jack FM3 5/22/2020 12:36 PM CST.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom