FM3 Now Shipping

They have to keep a buffer of headphoneless units for those with recent invites that haven’t ordered yet probably.

We're still expecting to begin sending invites for the headphones version in May.
I don't have a firm date yet but I'll update here when more info becomes available.
Remember though, we need to go through the list again from the beginning, excluding those who already ordered.
Hey Matt, thanks for the update :)
Will some of the first units with headphone jacks also be shipped to european distributor G66?
I am getting used to be patient in the last weeks and months but just wanted to ask :innocent::D

I guess this means the headphone jack-less units sold out last week

No, this isn't true. Invitations will continue until May. Then, during the period when we play catch up on the list, any non-headphones versions of the unit that can be produced will be offered to our dealers. Then, once we catch up and begin sending invites to people who never received one, we'll offer a choice while one remains.

No, this isn't true. Invitations will continue until May. Then, during the period when we play catch up on the list, any non-headphones versions of the unit that can be produced will be offered to our dealers. Then, once we catch up and begin sending invites to people who never received one, we'll offer a choice while one remains.
Thanks M@ I appreciate you clarifying the information. I eagerly await my invite😃

Thanks so much for this update and clarification. I know it means a lot to folks who have been wondering. And as someone from the "more information is better" camp, I really appreciate it personally. Much respect.

Hey Matt!
Does that mention of your dealers include G66?
What I'm wondering is whether they're gonna receive non-headphone units at all since they themselves claimed they wouldn't on their Facebook. Also, does that mean your factories are still producing non-headphone units instead of the "proper" unit?

It would sting like hell to have to turn down a non-headphone unit since I so badly want a headphone one 😢 but I've waited for like 13 months so a few more months shouldn't kill me. Shouldn't. Hopefully. Probably.

To jack or not to jack, that is the question. ;)
If it helps any... my two cents worth. I've had the FM3 for a few weeks now (I think, I don't know what day or week it is anymore...) Anyway... I don't regret getting the non-jack version. I've been primarily using it with headphones for practice since day 1. When it's at home the extra items to use for practicing are not a big deal. I already am dealing with a guitar, cables, phone, computer, etc.... so what's one more thing. Same if I were to travel. If you focus on what the FM3 can do and how great it sounds, not having a headphone jack may end up being a non issue for many.

I also think their are incorrect assumptions on what you can do with the headphone jack (based on other threads). So it's good to understand what it is and the signal path for it before making a decision. Unless Fractal changes something, It's currently just a copy of OUT1, which in turn the level of headphone volume will be controlled by the OUT1 knob (based on the manual and I believe what Matt has commented on). Example, if you are planning on using the headphone jack for live usage, and also sending FOH OUT1, you may have issues. The level that FOH needs may either be too quiet or too loud in your ears. And if you adjust it for your ears, then FOH may be out of whack as both are the same knob. It's also not an independent block you can route and do whatever with. Again, it's just OUT1. Hopefully that helps.

If you absolutely need the jack, then of course wait. If you are only focusing on it not having one and not sure how, then you may regret waiting. I know I would have.

Hello everyone

Just curious (and apologies if this has been answered, but I was not able to find this via search) but.. If someone was added to the waitlist at the beginning of this month, what type of lead time are they realistically looking at? At least 1 year I'm guessing, right?

I'm debating between waiting, or just buying an AX-8. If the wait is 1 year or more, I think getting the AX-8 for the time being makes sense. Unfortunately people are still asking for $1,200+ for it on Reverb!

Back
Top Bottom