FM3 Now Shipping

If looking at these gouged price FM3's i would have thought you'd be better off to push that bit more and do an FX3. At least then you're paying more and getting more?
This is a consideration for sure. Pay $1500 for an FM3 with no warranty, or pay $2000 for a brand new, full warranty Axe FX III. Seems like a no brainer, and normally it would be. However, I sold a Kemper to fund this purchase, and the Axe FX III would require additional money out of pocket that is hard to justify in these uncertain times. I probably should have waited a bit to sell my Kemper, but I wanted to make sure I was ready to buy when I got my invite.

If looking at these gouged price FM3's i would have thought you'd be better off to push that bit more and do an FX3. At least then you're paying more and getting more?

The thought has certainly crossed my mind and I would love an FX3, just think it may be overpowered for my home recording needs. Option B would be to scoop an AX8 in the mean time.

This is a consideration for sure. Pay $1500 for an FM3 with no warranty, or pay $2000 for a brand new, full warranty Axe FX III. Seems like a no brainer, and normally it would be. However, I sold a Kemper to fund this purchase, and the Axe FX III would require additional money out of pocket that is hard to justify in these uncertain times. I probably should have waited a bit to sell my Kemper, but I wanted to make sure I was ready to buy when I got my invite.

I hear you brother! I'm agonizing over whether to just get the FX3 bundle and be done with it but the CAD $ is so low right now I'm really, really struggling to justify dropping $4.5K on it. Even though its the final piece of my new home recording build i guess I'm going to have to ride it out. Unless i snag the Loto jackpot or some other funding pops up 🥴

I hear you brother! I'm agonizing over whether to just get the FX3 bundle and be done with it but the CAD $ is so low right now I'm really, really struggling to justify dropping $4.5K on it. Even though its the final piece of my new home recording build i guess I'm going to have to ride it out. Unless i snag the Loto jackpot or some other funding pops up 🥴
Dang, that make me feel fortunate. I’m glad that’s something that I don’t have to worry about for sure.

Yikes 4.5k! Dang man sorry to hear that. I'm lucky to be here in the states but I understand your hesitation to drop that kinda $$$. Especially during these times.

It didn’t say 19 which was why I was confused. New to the thread and didn’t realize the waitlist for this was a year old.
Sorry, I didn’t consider that the year was in question. The waitlist began on 4/23/19 at 1:00 PM eastern. They just finished the first day of the list today (which took about two weeks).

Waitlist confirmation received 2155 MT, 23 April 2019.

I received my invite at 1159 MT, 6 April 2020.

I was thinking I’d wait for the FM3 with headphone jack. However, I’ve decided to just stick with my Axe-FX III. I’m really happy with my III and will keep it in the studio. When I play elsewhere, I’ll keep using my Mesa Boogie Fillmore 25 combo with Nux Cerberus.

Is there a reason no one has posted here since Monday evening? Perhaps the supply of first runs have all been taken or is there a different thread? My wait list was Wed 4/24/2019 6:48 AM.

Thx and stay safe!

Back
Top Bottom