FM3 Now Shipping

It’s called capitalism. Without that, Fractal would not even exist. most of us are not going to do that, because we’ve been waiting too long for this thing. However, if someone wishes to pay more for an FM3, and someone wants to sell one at a higher price, so be it.

Seriously. I rarely ever hear people complaining about paying $2.00 for a bottle of distilled water. The seller got in line and waited just like everybody else. What he choses to do with it is his business. Don't like the price? Don't buy it. Any FM3 not being sold by an authorized FAS retailer is technically not new-in-box and will not include a warranty anyway.

Well, if a person really wants to get an FM3 now and has $1600, it's good that they could get it from that guy on reverb. These things are hard to get now and that's what free markets are. I wouldn't do it myself, though that puppy would be getting some use here.

My main concern is paying nearly double and the unit warranty is not transferable. But to each his own. If someone wants to pay the extra and isn't concerned with a warranty, so be it.

Maybe they want to get in early on the youtube content train or need it to tour so are willing to pay extra because that'll help their livelihood?

Tour? Who's touring now...?

Personally, I don't give a shit. This nothing new here. The real issue... Some people just feel slighted with the notion that their place in the queue has been proceeded by someone out to make a profit.

Yes, it's seemingly unfair, however, there is no rule against what you do with the product after you purchase it. As a product owner that's your free-will to sell it or hit it with a sledgehammer (if you want).

BTW... No different than a ticket scalper... which I've been more than happy to make the impulsive purchase many times. It was non-regrettably so worth it.

Last edited:
Funny how so many here say, it's OK, etc, etc and then follow up saying But I wouldn't do that. It is price gouging plain and simple. I agree, who cares. People will pay that price , plain and simple. Yes it's America.
So I guess the folks on Amazon asking $21.99 for 2 loaves of Wonder Bread is the American way. Nobody likes it but everyone defends it. Strange.
It does happen all over, no doubt. Some of us get a bit edgy because we like to think their is some type of musicians code. Maybe there is and maybe there isn't. Then again, who says the guy is a musician. Yes, people will pay no doubt but kind of a crappy time to price gouge. IMHO.

Again, I regret starting this line of discussion but clearly people aren't willing to let it go now. I'm dealing with price gouging in other areas as well. Non essential items but it's still disappointing to see how greedy people can be. Due to schools being shut down and lockdowns everywhere parents are trying to find ways to keep their children entertained. (We can't get them FM3's at the moment lol). Anyways, as a result the Nintendo Switch is out of stock EVERYWHERE. A pile of greedy people scooped up the last of the available stock and are trying to price gouge by selling it for $200 more than it retails for. Again, an FM3 or a Nintendo are clearly not essential items. But it's sad to see people try to take advantage of the supply situation for their personal benefit. Just like the idiots hoarding toilet paper and hand sanitizer and then trying to sell it at ridiculous prices for those who are desperate. I had to wait a week to find toilet paper in the store, at normal pricing. Thankfully I had a roll left right before I found it. Otherwise it could have ended up being a shitty situation. :p This type of human behaviour just makes me sad though. These are times to take care of each other, not try to take advantage by price gouging. Even sadder is those who defend this type of behaviour as being acceptable. Thankfully here in Canada they are starting to implement massive fines to stop price gouging, for essential items at least.

These are all first world problems anyways, from what I'm reading about what's happening in other countries it's quite scary out there.

This is the last I have to say about this. And again could we please drop it now, I do apologize for starting it in the first place. Moderator - don't hate me lol. :)

Last edited:
It's no different than free speech. You may not like what somebody is saying or what price someone is charging but for government to regulate the right to do either of those is by definition anti-American.

There's plenty of Americans that would disagree with that sentiment. Also, there's a whole world of people and ideas out there well beyond America. Take a look around sometime.

There's plenty of Americans that would disagree with that sentiment. Also, there's a whole world of people and ideas out there well beyond America. Take a look around sometime.
By definition meaning the Constitution was written and the country formed to protect thise rights. Yours and my opinion on the matter do not change that. Plenty of other places to live in the world...

Charging 50 or 60 percent markup on a piece of music gear bought from the manufacturer is essentially the retail process.

More specific or legal uses of price gouging usually involve exploiting people for basic necessities, especially in emergencies or situations where they’re desperately needed. I’m tempted to talk about my experiences seeing it in Haiti, but I’m afraid of sounding like my grandad and I’m just not there yet.

I’m actually glad to see some popping up, even if the price I’m seeing right now doesn’t work for me. I’m even more glad Fractal sells direct in the US so we’re not all paying this premium to Guitar Center.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom