FM3 Now Shipping

I got my invite but I am really confused about something and the email does not really make it clear. I really want to headphone version but not if I have to wait until august for it. If I wait, will I be able to buy one as soon as they come out or do I enter a new waitlist? I'm sure this has been asked but i can't find a clear answer.

Here's the response from FAS about those who opt to wait for the headphone version

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/post-here-if-youve-received-an-fm3-invite.158424/post-1915269

Last edited:
Here's the response from FAS about those who opt to wait for the headphone version

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/post-here-if-youve-received-an-fm3-invite.158424/post-1915269

Ok that clears it up! Thank you! So it seems Like I would be in line in order with only those who passed on the first version. So hopefully not a long wait. Have they made any updates on when they expect the new units. I'm sure it has been pushed back a bit, just wondering if there is any time frame or if it is all up in the air at this point.

Ok that clears it up! Thank you! So it seems Like I would be in line in order with only those who passed on the first version. So hopefully not a long wait. Have they made any updates on when they expect the new units. I'm sure it has been pushed back a bit, just wondering if there is any time frame or if it is all up in the air at this point.

The last message from FAS indicated that the target was May. That was a few days back though and may have changed due to the current situation. Here's a link to a message about the next shipment.

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/questions-about-the-april-shipments.158547/post-1911742

Last edited:
When do we think the FM3 waitlist will level out and we can actually just order from the site? I went on the waitlist in August, so I am not expecting to get an invite until July-September. My 30th birthday is in October, and I can't think of a better gift to myself!

EDIT/UPDATE (to simplify) - I have an option for an Axe2, can I safely rule out supply of initial FM3 stock being able to cover me as a late-May wait lister? If I knew that I'd be okay getting the older unit and revisiting the longer-term decision when my number comes up

Last edited:
EDIT/UPDATE (to simplify) - I have an option for an Axe2, can I safely rule out supply of initial FM3 stock being able to cover me as a late-May wait lister? If I knew that I'd be okay getting the older unit and revisiting the longer-term decision when my number comes up
Nobody but Fractal has any idea on that...

Uh, ok? You can do whatever you want, dude..
Just to be clear. I am watching both threads and go to my notifications when a new post is made. They all, except for a few a while back, have been coming from this thread. We have no choice but to watch both. I just follow the notifications. When I get an invite I will post in the other thread...................Yes I know I can do what I want. What I want is to see the posts of folks that rec'd an invite...........

Not sure if this has been mentioned already but some prick is already trying to sell one on Reverb for $1600.

Not sure if this has been mentioned already but some prick is already trying to sell one on Reverb for $1600.

Why is he a prick? There are probably people who are not even not on a list and they want to pay extra for a piece of gear that’s not available to all right now.
Also that guy might be making his bread like that. Reselling gear.
nobody’s making you buy it for that much. And nobody is getting scammed. If there’s anyone willing to pay that much he will.

Maybe they’re out of work, broke, and need the extra money. Call him a prick, but I think the one you should criticize is the person who will end up paying for it.

I have my doubts. I see the same thing every time a new product comes out from Fractal Audio. Vultures with no interest at all in the product rush to join the waitlist, get the product early then jack the price up on the reseller market.

It’s called capitalism. Without that, Fractal would not even exist. most of us are not going to do that, because we’ve been waiting too long for this thing. However, if someone wishes to pay more for an FM3, and someone wants to sell one at a higher price, so be it.

No. It's called price gouging.

I've really had enough with the gouging lately due to Covid-19 so this type of behaviour really pisses me off. Clearly an FM3 is not an essential item, but the behaviour is the same. And I don't like it. It's taking advantage of a supply situation for personal gain and it's greed.

Anyways, can we all put an end to this side discussion now. I regret mentioning it and don't want to start a whole debate about the issue. We clearly won't see eye to eye on it.

Please and thank you.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom