FM3 Now Shipping

Don’t blame you. I already did it and got them yesterday. Amazing, you won’t regret it if you do (well not selling a kidney buy maybe a zero interest credit card).
First you'd have to find a zero interest credit card that would allow you to buy something like this, and second you want to make damn sure you're going to pay it off in the allotted window, or you get charged your 20+% interest on the entire time as if you'd just used a normal card. Those things are designed so people who can't afford things buy them anyway, then get stuck paying a ton of interest when they continue to not be able to afford it.

And with the early stage recession we're in, and people losing their jobs all over, I'd be very careful about promising "Yes, I absolutely will pay off this in the next X months" if you don't already have a several months worth of emergency fund plus the cash on hand.

Suggestions: let’s not double post. If you receive an invitation, post on the other thread?
I thought this was the thread? This is where I keep getting notified that someone ordered. So what "other" thread.This thread has 58 pages? Serious question also.

It’s just a suggestion.

This is a good suggestion as I’ve been bouncing between the two threads to get real updates. But alas, this suggestion will be buried soon and we’ll just have to keep bouncing between the two. Unless this one gets locked...

First you'd have to find a zero interest credit card that would allow you to buy something like this, and second you want to make damn sure you're going to pay it off in the allotted window, or you get charged your 20+% interest on the entire time as if you'd just used a normal card. Those things are designed so people who can't afford things buy them anyway, then get stuck paying a ton of interest when they continue to not be able to afford it.

And with the early stage recession we're in, and people losing their jobs all over, I'd be very careful about promising "Yes, I absolutely will pay off this in the next X months" if you don't already have a several months worth of emergency fund plus the cash on hand.

Sure, I guess it depends on your financial situation and credit status to do it this way. For me, I have always done zero interest cards to make purchases rather than laying out the cash up front. I have pretty much always paid them off before any interest would apply by putting together a schedule of payments by month. The business I am in is quite volatile so no guarantees with income however had faith that I would be able to work and pay off the items before getting crushed by interest. In the old days there were looser regulations and bigger risks to the card holder where the CC/Bank would defer the interest on the full amount and if not paid off in full by the end of the term would hit you for interest on the entire amount spent vs. what was left to be paid off, crooks...

All that said, this thing is worth much more than Fractal charges. Fractal is amazing and if can't afford to go for the AXE3, FM3 will be well worth the wait. I sold about 2k worth of gear on reverb to buy this and glad that I did...

Just got my invite. 4/23/2019 3:49 PM Eastern.

Imma think on it a day or two. Things have certainly changed. On one hand, lotsa home time to play with a new toy. On the other hand... you know.. this pesky unprecedented global health and economic emergency on historic scale never seen before. Hmm...

Thought on it, off and on like.. 8 days. F it, I just ordered. Life is short.

Can't wait to sanitize that parcel, put on my gloves and mask and crack it open!

I'm still waiting for my sanitizer, gloves, and mask. So i'm using mr. clean, little garbage bags. i don't think the virus can leap off of surfaces and into the air. I hear the half life of a deposit of virus is about 8~12 hours depending if surface absorbs water or not, etc., so it could hang around in trace amounts for a few days and then be gone. Until then maintain social distancing from your Axe FX unit /s.

Finally received my invited. Wait list email on 4/23/19 07:05pm est. Invited received 04/01/20: 12h56pm EST.
I'm passed for now and waiting for headphone unit. CAD dollar is so bad...

No kidding, i was contemplating snapping the wait and diving for an FX3 but when i worked it out its was going to be over $4k CAD :fearscream::cry:

No kidding, i was contemplating snapping the wait and diving for an FX3 but when i worked it out its was going to be over $4k CAD :fearscream::cry:
Yea, Main problem for me right now isn’t headphone, since the outbreak, I saw so many friends got laid off here in Canada. A friend of mine just sold his Fender Jeff beck strat for $800 Cad!! Financially we are ok but I can’t see myself justify almost 2k for a gear... Move on to the next person who might need it more than mine. I will buy Fm3 for sure but not right now

Yea, Main problem for me right now isn’t headphone, since the outbreak, I saw so many friends got laid off here in Canada. A friend of mine just sold his Fender Jeff beck strat for $800 Cad!! Financially we are ok but I can’t see myself justify almost 2k for a gear... Move on to the next person who might need it more than mine. I will buy Fm3 for sure but not right now

This, this and this. All of the this. Sincerely- fellow canadian

Matt, did any invites go out yesterday and wondering if you still have a "bunch" of no headphone units left? Asking for a friend who is dangerously close!

Matt, did any invites go out yesterday and wondering if you still have a "bunch" of no headphone units left? Asking for a friend who is dangerously close!
It would seem so as, several people reported getting invites yesterday both on this thread and the other one a several threads down. looked like the latest reported waitlist date/time was 4/23 at about 7-8pm, I believe.

It would seem so as, several people reported getting invites yesterday both on this thread and the other one a several threads down. looked like the latest reported waitlist date/time was 4/23 at about 7-8pm, I believe.

My bad, I read that in another thread below. I check this board every morning and am getting close. My apologies to Matt and everyone!

I got my invite but I am really confused about something and the email does not really make it clear. I really want to headphone version but not if I have to wait until august for it. If I wait, will I be able to buy one as soon as they come out or do I enter a new waitlist? I'm sure this has been asked but i can't find a clear answer.

Back
Top Bottom