FM3 Now Shipping

This is my first time working remotely. Im a sheet metal fabricator/ programmer at a local machine shop here in Santa Barbara. I program for cnc turret punch presses and cnc press brakes. (We've done proto type work for Seymour Duncan in the past, kinda cool) Any way, it's been a pretty great experience so far, great being home with my wife and kids. Although circumstances are very unfortunate.. 24 confirmed cov cases here, 1 hospitalization. People are taking it very seriously here, we seem to be fairing well so far. Stay safe everyone.

Actually, I was gonna wait FM3 with headphone jack ver but now I'm kinda worried that this virus situation might affect their plan to offer the newer one in April. Any of here already changed plan to buy it now instead of waiting for April?

Actually, I was gonna wait FM3 with headphone jack ver but now I'm kinda worried that this virus situation might affect their plan to offer the newer one in April. Any of here already changed plan to buy it now instead of waiting for April?
That is me exactly. I've been waiting to get this since it was announced last year and unlike what seems like a lot of people here, don't have any other FAS gear to keep me company while I wait.

I was initially going to wait for the headphone version but then I got around to thinking 'how much will I really end up needing the headphone jack?' considering I'm not someone who would be travelling with this gear and would want an easy way to connect my headphones - most of my use is going to be at home. And, there are work-arounds for when you really do want to connect headphones.

I think a good question to ask yourself would be, if FAS only announced a non-headphone version, would it bother you as much? This may be the case of sour grapes, but well, I've already placed an order for mine a few days ago, as soon as I got the invitation email!

If you don’t mind me asking, what was the final amount in $CAD?

Gassing hard for my unit now. I’m self torturing having to use a buddies Zoom H4N as an interface and slowly going through Neural plugin trials while I wait 🤣🤣🤣

It didnt post yet on my CC but it looks like it'll be roughly $1750ish. This is supposed to cover all duties/customs, if I recall from my AX8 order. We'll see though. I sold my AxeFX II for $1700 last year so I'm trying to just look at it like a trade now.

Since I sold the II, Ive been using the NDSP Nolly plugin, and its actually really good.. but after 8 months of that, I've realized I miss the Fractal sounding units. I'd give the NDSP plugins a 9/10, if Axe-FX is 10/10. IMO.

It didnt post yet on my CC but it looks like it'll be roughly $1750ish. This is supposed to cover all duties/customs, if I recall from my AX8 order. We'll see though. I sold my AxeFX II for $1700 last year so I'm trying to just look at it like a trade now.
Yikes! I definitely feel for you. I’m Canadian but have been living down here for years now.

i ordered the FM3 and FC6 yesterday and the total (USD) was less than what you quote!

Is the FM3 ever going to be something we can just order? When will the inital wait list thing be over? I too am waiting for the headphone jack vers.

Yikes! I definitely feel for you. I’m Canadian but have been living down here for years now.

i ordered the FM3 and FC6 yesterday and the total (USD) was less than what you quote!

I'm kinda used to it and was expecting to pay $1600 at least.. just this major financial crisis happened at the worst time, when my invite came in haha. I feel like if I got my call like even 2 weeks ago, it would have been much cheaper.

I have another Aristides guitar coming any week now and thats mainly what I'm worried about. Euro is killing the CAD right now.

Is the FM3 ever going to be something we can just order? When will the inital wait list thing be over? I too am waiting for the headphone jack vers.
Yes, so far with all FAS products we have seen, usually after the wait lists (when everyone rushes to get one) they are available ready to ship on their site. It may take a little while though, but they seem to be working through this list the fastest of all the FAS waitlists I've seen so far

The mention of "April" came from the earliest FM3 invites text. Some time ago Matt said he changed the text to remove mention of "April", because even then April was only a best guess.

So.. Don't count on April. There is no* revised guess-timate, until Matt or someone else at Fractal tells us otherwise.
(edit - Dan said Matt said "looking like May" :))

Last edited:
As someone who lives in Canada, i'm not buying this (for me it will be the headphone jack model) until the USD to CAD conversion rate falls back to at most 1.3 CAD, because right now it's at 1.42, and even more than that because of pay pal's exchange rate being higher of course. I got on the waitlist on June 10th so I'm hoping there will be plenty of time for the dollar to fall back to normal again (i hope at least). Also, by not working i don't know how much money i'll have by that point :confused:
CAD could just as easily go lower from here and IMO is unlikely to recover to 1.3 in 2020. Canada's economy is more dependent on energy than the US and our exchange rate tends to move up and down with the price of oil, which has been completely crushed by the double whammy of Saudi/Russia OPEC war and COVID demand destruction.

Since I sold the II, Ive been using the NDSP Nolly plugin, and its actually really good.. but after 8 months of that, I've realized I miss the Fractal sounding units. I'd give the NDSP plugins a 9/10, if Axe-FX is 10/10. IMO.

Yeah i really cant knock the NDSP stuff, they sound fantastic. I had a stash of $2k set aside for FM3/FC6/EV1 but clearly thats not going to cover it now. Hopefully things stabilize by the time my invite comes through :tired:

The mention of "April" came from the earliest FM3 invites text. Some time ago Matt said he changed the text to remove mention of "April", because even then April was only a best guess.

So.. Don't count on April. There is no revised guess-timate, until Matt or someone else at Fractal tells us otherwise.
Matt had already said (yesterday) that it’s looking like May. Which sounds pretty encouraging honestly!

Back
Top Bottom