FM3 Now Shipping

So I'm curious.. how long do we have to actually pay when our name finally comes up on the list? Have to sell my Axe II for the cash and can't be without it for too long because of gigs & whatnot.

So I'm curious.. how long do we have to actually pay when our name finally comes up on the list? Have to sell my Axe II for the cash and can't be without it for too long because of gigs & whatnot.
I’d like to know the answer to this too. I’ll be selling a Kemper to fund mine, but I don’t want to be without while I’m waiting for my invite. Anyone know?

it's definitely the way to go. try it.

make a Twitch account for the biggest potential audience, but mostly young.
make a Mixer account for a smaller, but more dedicated audience, more age 30+ viewers in general.
YouTube is good for wide reach, but low interaction.

you can use restream.io to broadcast to all at once if you want, including integrated chat with their app.

all platforms support donations that can appear on your stream, with goal bars and other recent activity to inspire others to do so as well. StreamLabs is one of the best services for that. all free.

Last edited:
Anyone know if they’ve finished the AX8 list and hit the FM3 list?
Matt said this week I think...

If previous waitlists are any indication, your invitation to purchase never really expires. But the longer you wait, you risk them running out of stock.

Of course things maybe different this time around since they are asking whether you want to wait for one with a headphone jack.

So now live streaming is considered a gig?

Interesting times we live in for sure.

Well, if you’re performing in front of an audience, it’s hard to argue against the case that it’s not a gig. Times have certainly changed and I think the next several months may ramp up changes in how people go about finding entertainment. Gamers who have been banking cash have been at this for a while and a lot of them certainly are putting on a performance while playing video games. Richie Castellano from BOC has had his Band Geek page on YouTube and I think some other streaming services, he’s been at it for a while and broadcasts performances from his basement as well as studio sessions. The whole time people are giving him donations.

Of course it’s not going to be the same as being in the room with a live band, but look at the forum we’re on. We’re all here to discuss gear that has changed the way we go about amp/effects rigs.

I’m 100% all for it, if musicians can still make money, in some cases make MORE money, by staying at home and putting on a show. Paying gigs have dried up considerably in South Florida as live venues have mainly turn to DJ’s, so if a band can stay in a practice space, not spend money on gas and actually collect revenue via donations, I can only see it as a benefit. Right now, Devin Townsend has a GoFundMe set up to help alleviate the financial burden cancelling his tour created. This would be another way for him to recoup cash while we’re all stuck in our houses.

Hell, I’ve got one of those small B-52 PA‘s with the sub and satellites, if I wanted to, I could set that up in my living room, run the audio to it and the stream through my TV, I could still experience gig volumes while sitting on my couch!

I remember streaming, Pay for View, the Bob Dylan 50th Anniversary Concert back in the day! That was an event!

I think they will announce if they're suspending invites or have run through the available inventory guys. They've been open enough about updating the progress from the AX8 orders to FM3 every week, so I think we're safe to assume
a) Invites are still going out daily
b) There is still inventory
and c) We're still on AX8 orders

Until we're told differently.

it's definitely the way to go. try it.

make a Twitch account for the biggest potential audience, but mostly young.
make a Mixer account for a smaller, but more dedicated audience, more age 30+ viewers in general.
YouTube is good for wide reach, but low interaction.

you can use restream.io to broadcast to all at once if you want, including integrated chat with their app.

all platforms support donations that can appear on your stream, with goal bars and other recent activity to inspire others to do so as well. StreamLabs is one of the best services for that. all free.
Thanks for this. Our local musicians association has been looking for info to advise local musicians how to do this, and I wasn't aware of these. I think it would be a good service to our Fractal forum members to start a dedicated discussion on live streaming/revenue options, so I created a new Lounge topic here: Gigs cancelled due to Coronavirus? Share your live streaming/revenue stream ideas here

Back
Top Bottom