FM3 Now Shipping

How many is a few?
I'm not any kind of authority on this and just interested to understand what happens. I've never bought a piece of gear you have to queue for, but it looks worth the wait for such a powerful and portable sound!

The Axe fx has always been pretty expensive and difficult to get hold of in the UK, but the FM3 looks like a great deal.

Why do invites go out at a few each day. If there were say 200 FM3 available, why not send out at least the 200 invites on day one?

I believe the actual question is why every single FM3 unit on the shelf doesn’t correspond to the same number of invites going out day 1. From a 10,000 view, each unit has to have firmware downloaded, tested, packaged, etc. before sending the invite. No idea how long that takes, but I’m guessing they are moving at the best inerrant pace possible. Does that answer the actual question?

I believe the actual question is why every single FM3 unit on the shelf doesn’t correspond to the same number of invites going out day 1. From a 10,000 view, each unit has to have firmware downloaded, tested, packaged, etc. before sending the invite. No idea how long that takes, but I’m guessing they are moving at the best inerrant pace possible. Does that answer the actual question?
I hadn't considered that each unit would have to get software loaded after delivery and not installed during production. The product reputation is probably explained if each unit is individually tested before despatch.

I would think FAS is doing a controlled batch of x number of invites per day because they want to ensure that those purchases get processed in a timely manner and to meet the shipping deadlines for pickup/drop off that the customer specifies at the time of purchase. Even if they have plenty more inventory, they know what they can physically process with the manpower they have on hand on any given day. Plus, the last thing they need (especially lately) is to have a bunch of paid for units that they cannot get to customers in a timely manner leading to the usual venting publicly on social media.
Lastly, FAS makes other products apparently that they need to process and ship out on a daily basis too! 😉

I would think FAS is doing a controlled batch of x number of invites per day because they want to ensure that those purchases get processed in a timely manner and to meet the shipping deadlines for pickup/drop off that the customer specifies at the time of purchase. Even if they have plenty more inventory, they know what they can physically process with the manpower they have on hand on any given day. Plus, the last thing they need (especially lately) is to have a bunch of paid for units that they cannot get to customers in a timely manner leading to the usual venting publicly on social media.
Lastly, FAS makes other products apparently that they need to process and ship out on a daily basis too! 😉

Here is a for instance. I know someone who jumped off the FM3 list (lucky us) because he couldn’t wait any longer. His band was in break and he sold his AX8. Break ends soon sooooooo..... he ordered an AXE FX III. This was Friday. The III shipped immediately. I would Say they like to ship it immediately when they list available... not we are still loading up software and testing it, it is ready to go.

If you haven't already, listen to The Lovin Spoonful's Nashville Cats, written in the 60s. I guess bands are still paying to play in the bars on Broadway. I can't imagine what the load in must be like if you don't have a light Axe rig.
The funny thing? I don't even listen to or play country music, and most people have no idea how much metal, rock, etc. there is that also gets played around here! In just the past several years Dave Mustaine and Vince Neil have both moved here within a few miles from me.

OK, sorry, now let's get back on topic...

As far as how many units go out in one day, I'd bet this number whatever it is will scale up. Maybe there only sending out 10 a day(for example) I don't know whit size of an operation they have, I know it's fairly small, but I'd imaging they have people who just flash firmware/and or test/prep for shipping. And I'd bet that team is doing as many as they can in a days work. As ready to ship units pile up, and the invite process streamlines perhaps the number of invites going out will even double. Maybe this scaling up won't really fully happen until April with production units, but this has to be like a plane taking off. I think Matt even used the phrase "once we reach cruising altitude" so yea, my 2cents/guess about the invite frequency.

The funny thing? I don't even listen to or play country music, and most people have no idea how much metal, rock, etc. there is that also gets played around here! In just the past several years Dave Mustaine and Vince Neil have both moved here within a few miles from me.

I know... didn't want to stereotype the music scene there since there are incredible guitarists and bands across the board in town, but I thought the reference to great players of all styles was relevant.

Weird flex

Back
Top Bottom