FM3 Now Shipping

I didn't ask about that. I asked what was the first date anyone was allowed to request to be put on the FM3 waitlist.

Not an AX8 list where you got rolled over.

Not for some "future product" that you anticipated might come.

When did waitlist requests specifically for the FM3 start?

If they actually started before April 23, were people allowed to guess their way to the front of the FM3 list, specifically?

I follow what you are asking but for the life of me I can’t comprehend why it’s so important To have the trivial details of it. I am nit trying to be a jerk it just seems to be a lot of stress worrying about this details. If Fractal wanted they could have given 100,000 private invites out before they released it to the public.

I follow what you are asking but for the life of me I can’t comprehend why it’s so important To have the trivial details of it. I am nit trying to be a jerk it just seems to be a lot of stress worrying about this details. If Fractal wanted they could have given 100,000 private invites out before they released it to the public.
I didn't ask about that. I asked what was the first date anyone was allowed to request to be put on the FM3 waitlist.

Not an AX8 list where you got rolled over.

Not for some "future product" that you anticipated might come.

When did waitlist requests specifically for the FM3 start?

If they actually started before April 23, were people allowed to guess their way to the front of the FM3 list, specifically?

Also not trying to be a jerk but I think this is the thread that finally gets me to stop reading this forum and just wait for my invite at some point in the (hopefully) coming days/weeks.

If Fractal came out and said 'we allowed artists and VIP users a several day head start', it would be just as valid as 'some people guessed a product would come out soon' or even 'i gave my cousin an invite a few days early'. it's fair to feel a little slighted that some people got access ahead of you, but it's Fractal's decision how and when people can submit a request. just like they choose who gets to be a beta tester, who gets to be an artist and whether or not it's worth it to them to launch the first run without a headphone jack.

I'll keep my eyes on youtube for demo videos and eyes on my email for an invite. i've had my fair share of opinions here, but this is just nitpicking at this point.

One question before I get on the waitlist for the FM3. I'm assuming I would be able to transfer my presets from my Axe-FX III to the FM3 - would that be correct?

Okay. So be it.

so I did come off as a jerk and honestly I didn’t mean to. I do completely understand because off of is realistically wanted this in our hot little hands in late April realized that it wasn’t realistic and in our own minds thought something like august or September was when it was going to happen. It clearly didn’t and even now they are not shipping the complete product yet and it looks like April a year after the invites is when it is up and rolling theoretically. The frustration is real for sure.

Somewhat related side story... I saw one of my former coworkers (I work in an industry that is somewhat tight knit) driving as we were both headed the same direction seeing customers in the morning. He asked what I was doing told him I had to go help trouble shoot a WiFi product. He says yeah ours is coming out next month. I remind him I still have the flyer from when I worked there that had that launching in 3rd quarter 2012! We are first quarter 2020! (Glad I no longer work there for reasons other than this) Can you imagine an 8 year delay? I had a ton of egg on my face preselling that product and it never came through. The initial batch did come but it had problems (not on the programming end but on the build end from the parts source) and we never released to the public. they worked but we only sold it OEM to a few national home builders and took a huge loss and embarrassment on that launch. Well I did at least because I think I was the onlay one concerned. I oresold the product so my neck and reputation was on the line, everyone was too lazy or too smart to sell it lol!

The point is about me not being a jerk, you are rightfully angry and upset, but so is fractal I would assume. No answer you search for will make you happy unless it is one that puts a product. If the answer be a delay, a longer waitlist, a manufacturing snafu etc.., Kniw Cliff and crew though are losing money every day they can’t ship, sales are going elsewhere and cash flow is not coming in. Their investment is much greater than ours on this... in fact for them it means if their families eat, kids go to college etc.... so it isn’t personal and the reason really doesn’t matter you just want a clear idea when you are getting your product and literally when you get your product all these other worries should evaporate. The reason why I think that people should drop the anxiety is because if you build up so much over a product when you get it, you might have so much bad blood that you never truly enjoy that product you waited so long for. You would have developed a confirmation bias. Thats awful to end up having a grudge against something you so hoped to enjoy. You will have invested 9-12+ months waiting for it and in the end it is tainted because of the process.

ahhh fuggit I hope I explained myself and you got something out of that. I just wish everyone some peace and perspective on this because the situation sucks indeed for all parties.

Matt/Cliff I can run point on PR if you bump me to the top of the list. JUST JOKES!!!!

I would just add that since the announcement 4/23/19 quite a bit of wonky stuff has happened between relations of the US and China. And the Corona virus is effecting MANY things (including the stock market(s)) is a REAL THING. So, we should not hang our hats on April. There are much larger -- and arguably more important -- products and services that are being effected by all of these events and there is no chance FAS is immune.
So, if you're tweaking about a missing headphone jack and counting the days since 4/23/19 (or now I guess 4/19/19) you should probably accept the fact that there is a LONG ROAD AHEAD.
You are either in it for the long haul, believe and want the product bad enough to wait, of if you're like me you are willing to try a host of other gear to do the job and just keep you occupied until your name gets called.

Back
Top Bottom