FM3 Now Shipping

Define "audio lag." If you're changing presets using footswitches that have a hold function, the switch won't engage until you release it.
Thanks...that is what is happening. I am new to this, so I’m sure my verbiage is off...
Basically, I pulled it out of the box, plugged in and played...
So...When i am on button 1 Solo100 and tap button 3 Friedman Be-100, there’s a noticeable’lag’

Ola recently did a video comparing the FM3 to the POD GO on high gain models, showing that exact issue.

I definitely checked out Ola's coverage of the footboard modelers. The Helix vs. AX8 comparison gave pretty similar results and drew me to Fractal's modeling early in my research, so he's helped Fractal monetize me. I'm not upset about it.

I was happy, at least we were getting regular updates as to where they are on the waitlist. We have been stuck here forever it seems. I am April 13 2020. Was looking good for a while. Now, not so much..........

Thanks Cangus! Ill wait, in the meantime I am using a version of Amplitube 4.........How sad am I?

I haven't given Amplitube a try, but as long as you're making some noises with the guitar, it can't be all bad. I was pretty impressed with Neural DSP's offerings, but I opted for hardware to make sure I could get at least some money back if I changed my mind about a long-term tone solution instead of possibly being up a river trying to sell some NDSP licenses.

Define "audio lag." If you're changing presets using footswitches that have a hold function, the switch won't engage until you release it.
Okay...when in scenes, almost perfect switching between settings. When in presets, noticeable lag. I guess the best fix is to keep search, and until then...find an amp I like and switch with in it. Appreciate any tips! Thx

Okay...when in scenes, almost perfect switching between settings. When in presets, noticeable lag. I guess the best fix is to keep search, and until then...find an amp I like and switch with in it. Appreciate any tips! Thx
How fast the presets change depends on what all is changing with the preset. I've never had one change slowly enough to be unworkable, unless I needed to change presets while a chord was ringing out.

Do you still get the lag when FM3-Edit is paused?

I actually have this issue with my Axe III, but I don’t have my FM3 yet. If I tried to switch to a different preset or amp channel during a song, while I’m playing or holding a chord, the lag would create a dropout that was bad enough to keep me only using scenes. Not perfect, but It works. Just can’t use one amp for rhythm and a different one for leads. I researched it but couldn’t find a solution. Some suggested switching channels on an amp has the same lag, but I’ve never noticed that. I figured it’s just the nature of the beast.

I actually have this issue with my Axe III, but I don’t have my FM3 yet. If I tried to switch to a different preset or amp channel during a song, while I’m playing or holding a chord, the lag would create a dropout that was bad enough to keep me only using scenes. Not perfect, but It works. Just can’t use one amp for rhythm and a different one for leads. I researched it but couldn’t find a solution. Some suggested switching channels on an amp has the same lag, but I’ve never noticed that. I figured it’s just the nature of the beast.
Nature of the beast, indeed. Try switching between real tube amps while holding a chord. Same result. :)

We're absolutely spoiled for choice right now. I'm a mid-April-2020 waiting list guy, and I think I've passed through the fires of both hope and despair and when it happens, it happens. But if I didn't have gear I was happy with I could 100% understand the need to look around. That PodGo comparison Ola did above gathered a lot of really positive comments - it's a heck of a piece of hardware for the money. The Helix has come a long way. Neural has their unit on the way and the Axe-FX III and Kemper continue to do their thing, and wow the PC software is good these days (my current fave is the Mercuriall Euphoria). For me and my pocketbook, the FM3 is worth the wait - it just sounds more like what amps sound like to me, and I want something I can carry around and set on a desk and poke at. If you aren't in that boat, don't drive yourself TOO crazy - maybe that POD GO is just what you need for now until Fractal can next-day ship FM3s on-demand.
Thanks James for talking me off the ledge! LOL I am using now afriends version of Helix Native VST. That will get me through. Maybe........

Ha, and on a Friday no less!!

My UPS guy always comes around noon but when he delivered my FM3 last Thursday, he came at 5:00 PM LOL. He gave me a weird look like he was scared I might hug him ...
I am watching the UPS Tracker online. I can see the little van is only a few streets over. I think he has stopped for lunch 8 times lol.

Back
Top Bottom