FM3 Now Shipping

Well, first, if the answer to this question is obvious, I apologize. I am sure either way I will get flack from the regular flamers
So, I am on the waitlist April 23rd. Have confirmation and all that. So, on the waitlist invitation email that was posted here (it's an image so I could not copy and paste, it's on page 7 of this thread) it states if you get the invitation and opt NOT to buy the early release models you will be sent "another" invitation in the regular waitlist order? I would like to assume that if I opt out on the first batch I would still have my April 23rd invite s But the email text, imho, is ambiguous at best. Now I cannot see fractal punishing us (maybe me they will) for passing on the first one
Clarification for this dumb old guitar player whose brain was damaged in the jungle, please. Thanks

Oddball question, but is there any FM3 feature that isn’t on the Axe Fx 3? Aside from the obvious size/portability aspect is there any minor new feature it adds that isn’t found on the bigger unit?

So, on the waitlist invitation email that was posted here (it's an image so I could not copy and paste, it's on page 7 of this thread) it states if you get the invitation and opt NOT to buy the early release models you will be sent "another" invitation in the regular waitlist order?
That just means that, if you don’t choose to get a first-run unit, you won’t lose your place in line.

Oddball question, but is there any FM3 feature that isn’t on the Axe Fx 3? Aside from the obvious size/portability aspect is there any minor new feature it adds that isn’t found on the bigger unit?
Right now? Yes, actually! The FM3 implements views. My expectation is this’ll get ported to the III because it’s a pretty excellent feature.

Well, first, if the answer to this question is obvious, I apologize. I am sure either way I will get flack from the regular flamers
So, I am on the waitlist April 23rd. Have confirmation and all that. So, on the waitlist invitation email that was posted here (it's an image so I could not copy and paste, it's on page 7 of this thread) it states if you get the invitation and opt NOT to buy the early release models you will be sent "another" invitation in the regular waitlist order? I would like to assume that if I opt out on the first batch I would still have my April 23rd invite s But the email text, imho, is ambiguous at best. Now I cannot see fractal punishing us (maybe me they will) for passing on the first one
Clarification for this dumb old guitar player whose brain was damaged in the jungle, please. Thanks

You're fine. It states that if you choose to purchase the currently available version you will be removed from the list but it you opt not to you will remain on the list.

Wait list place transfer question. I have a buddy#1 that early last year was interested in getting an AX8. He signed up on the AX8 wait list and soon after the FM3 was announced. Shortly after that another buddy#2 decided to sell his AX8 which he had bought from me for $900. Told buddy#1 it would be quite a while before FM3 ships 6-12 months so might as well get the AX8 and learn the ins and outs and you can decide later to just keep it or sell it and get the FM3. Buddy#1 is happy with the AX8 and it's enough for him. I'm wondering when buddy#1 invite comes can I order his list unit or would he have to make the purchase with his info. Gray area in warranty and all. Friends helping friends thats how we are.

Last edited:
Wait list place transfer question. I have a buddy#1 that early last year was interested in getting an AX8. He signed up on the AX8 wait list and soon after the FM3 was announced. Shortly after that another buddy#2 decided to sell his AX8 which he had bought from me for $900. Told buddy#1 it would be quite a while before FM3 ships 6-12 months so might as well get the AX8 and learn the ins and outs and you can decide later to just keep it or sell it and get the FM3. Buddy#1 is happy with the AX8 and it's enough for him. I'm wondering when buddy#1 invite comes can I order his list unit or would he have to make the purchase with his info. Gray area in warranty and all. Friends helping friends thats how we are.
The invite goes to the person whose email is on the list. Whether he orders or not is up to him. What he chooses to do with it after he's bought it is also up to him. If he doesn't order it, the next invite goes to the next person in line.

If a friend wants to help a friend, he might sell it at cost to the friend. FWIW, there is no gray area about the warranty. The warranty is to the person who originally bought it.

Why do invites go out at a few each day. If there were say 200 FM3 available, why not send out at least the 200 invites on day one?

Preparing everything for shipping and handling all those office stuff is not that easy, especially for small companies (at least my guess from our company, where it also takes time to get everything ready to ship).
If you would push out all invitations at once, than everything may go really chaotic. And everybody may have to wait longer.

Why do invites go out at a few each day. If there were say 200 FM3 available, why not send out at least the 200 invites on day one?
Are you saying that you know how many invites went out, or how many units are available?

Are you saying that you know how many invites went out, or how many units are available?
Of course not; purely a guess. What moerker said makes sense and this kind of business has spikes in how busy they are when a release is made.

Back
Top Bottom