FM3 not connecting to iMac anymore (USB)

Anto

Inspired
Hi... I'm writing this post because I have a problem with the FM3 plugged via USB on my iMac ... this afternoon, while I was playing, it disconnected from Logic all at once ... and since then, impossible to reconnect it, the Mac no longer sees it, nor FM3 Edit ... nor Fractal Bot.
I tried everything, change the USB cable, change the USB port on the iMac, turn off and turn on the FM3, turn off and turn on the computer ... nothing helps.
The FM3 works fine, I have the sound through the headphone ... I'm confused... it's not an iMac problem, because my Axe III doesn't have any USB connecting problems, with the same USB cable and port.

I'm on firmware 2.0 on FM3 and 1.02.00 on FM3 edit.

I don't know what to do, are you aware of similar issue with FM3 ?

Thank you very much for your help.

Same happened to my previous fm3 without hp jack. The usb suddenly stopped working but without any software update. It's now at service so they can have a look. The new one with HP works great.

On device: Home -> Setup -> Utilities -> reset Page ... from there ... Is the device listed by the device manager? did core Audio list FM3, when connected?

Thank you, I've tried the reset but with no success.
No, the core audio doesn't list the FM3 anymore.

Here what Fractal Bot list about the USB port of the FM3 when I connect it with USB. I think the FM3 USB port is dead...

Attachments

• Capture d’écran 2020-12-13 à 12.44.48.png
    Capture d’écran 2020-12-13 à 12.44.48.png
    157.6 KB · Views: 36
  • Capture d’écran 2020-12-13 à 12.45.03.png
    Capture d’écran 2020-12-13 à 12.45.03.png
    159.2 KB · Views: 30
Have you tried going to preferences in FM3-Edit and adjusting the com port in communications?? I had to do that with a new M1 MacBook and it re-connected to everything again. Didn’t make any changes prior to that and it was working fine with 1.06, but I got a new M1 MBP in between when 2.0b came out and had that issue, but yet on my 16” MBP it was fine with 2.0b and 2.0 final.

Hello, I had a USB problem too during this summer, The unit was fixed by a new USB port. Yesterday trying to update to 2.0 the problem seemed to reappear. Absolutely no connection between FM3 and fractal bot and edit. Sometimes, when you turn on FM3 with usb cable on you can have a white screen freeze (anyway, happened for me). So today my USB connection seems to work turning on FM3 putting the usb cable after the boot process.

Hope it can help. FM3 is a fantastic unit but USB connection (editing and recording function) has to be fixed and updated. It's not very reliable.

Hi all,

Having the exact same experience as you guys - white screen freeze and nothing being recognised. Have tried all resets, changed preferences, deleted and reinstalled fractal bot + fm3 edit; as well as plugging the usb in after the boot process.

Mine's a non HP version that worked fine for the first couple of weeks - then suddenly will not connect to MacBook at all.

Problem being for me, I bought mine secondhand and I live in the UK. Should I deal with Fractal directly?

Thank you to all fo you.
Kenny, I haven"t had the white screen freeze at all... I've tried your method, turning on FM3 putting the usb cable after the boot process, but with no success, I really think the USB port is dead.
G66 (what a fantastic distributor, so rare that it deserves to be highlighted) have sended a new unit remplacement today, I simply hope this problem will not happen again on my new unit, because it seems like it's a well know issue with several FM3 (according to what I read on the forum).
Fredlawton, I think you should deal with G66, they are the European distributors, but if yours is secondhand, I don't know if the warranty could be applied.

Just an update on this - I contacted G66, dealt with Sussi and they sent me a replacement. I simply had to do an exchange with a UPS driver. New unit all loaded up with the latest stuff, absolutely thrilled.

Safe to say that I'll buy anything from G66 from now on. What brilliant service!!!

Back
Top Bottom