FM3 + Neumann KH120

Supermario

Dear all,

why the FM3 sounds through my NEUMANN KH120 A ( active ) monitors like it is connected to my handy or my laptop during other modeller devices sounds really fantastic ?

I have to point out that it is my first Fractal product and 100% my fault. Any ideas or suggestions ? Possible to share your OUTPUT / EQ settings ?

Thanks in advance.

BR Supermario

Three common things to check: Make sure amp and cab modelling is switched on. If your preset has a wah block, make sure it is off; if you do not have an expression pedal connected sometimes a wah block can switch on at full treble and make your preset sound bad. Good luck, you haven't provided much detail but the things I have listed are common things people will ask you to check.

Hi,

thanks for the quick answer, I will check all the mentioned points on the evening and will keep you updated. But I expect that the mentined points are correct as via headphones everything sounds „O.K“.

But I will check again ...

It‘s for sure not part of the monitors as all the other modeller systems are working excellent with the same set-up ! It‘s more a part of the right settings / to switch the right lights on.

Dear all,

I already tried to optimize the mentioned topic but without big success. It`s not a handy sound anymore but still a laptop sound. Do I expect to much ? What type of information is required to solve the problem. I ordered now a subwoofer for the monitors and a FRFR 12" speaker and will try it again ...

Thanks for short comments ...

BR Supermario

Dont know about the neumanns but i can tell you that the fm3 will not be the issue here. As blackmoreguitar above stated check carefully if in the setup menue, modelling and cab is active (on). One other point:;Have you gone through the setup process step by step? setup I/o menue, take the manual and go through the 2- steps, push the input paramter with open chords played hard and balance the input 1 trim until it slightly clips To the red led(suggest that you use the manual also to support) and also turn the volume out1 knob straight to right tilt. Turn down your monitor volume before. If that is all done, either yout try first one of the many stock clean presets (bassguy) or you simply start from scratch, input 1 => amp > cab > out. No effects. Just my 50 cent... Btw... also there are many vids out there from really cool guys like Leon Todd, where you can have explanation from scratch up to pro settings, maybe its also worthwhile to visit the youtube channel? Hope I could help a litte bit?

Back
Top Bottom