FM3 muddy after recording bass for first time

So, I finally decided to start recording bass tracks and they sound great, but when I plugged both my strat and Les Paul back in, they sound extremely muddy now.

Was wondering if I might’ve hit something by mistake, though I’ve cleared all the utilities and all the steps I’ve seen. Was wondering if I blew my Adam’s out, but the FM3 never goes past noon, so feel that’s unlikely.

Any help please?

So, I finally decided to start recording bass tracks and they sound great, but when I plugged both my strat and Les Paul back in, they sound extremely muddy now.

Was wondering if I might’ve hit something by mistake, though I’ve cleared all the utilities and all the steps I’ve seen. Was wondering if I blew my Adam’s out, but the FM3 never goes past noon, so feel that’s unlikely.

Any help please?
Preset? You are asking us to imagine everything.

Sorry, I should’ve mentioned, I’m using my bass preset that I made and switch over to Austin Buddy live gold that I use for my guitar tracks. They were sounding very bright and lively, now it just seems everything is deep and muddy. I can make a recording later today if need be, but figured since I’m using Buddies stuff which has always sounded great, it may be something on my end.

Sounds like your ears need time to reset.
I thought that as well, but this morning I went well over 24 hours without bass playing, powered up and used a factory preset recto and very dark. Switched to some of the fender cleans, and was still getting a very dark sound. I’m hoping it’s not the Adam’s and would be shocked if something happened to them not going past noon on the FM3.

Hi,
Is it possible to play some music through the adams just to check the tweeters are ok?
Thanks
Pauly

Any help please?

You can also listen through headphones and verify. Or post clips here for others to see if they sound muddy on their systems.

Yeah might be your ears literally. I played so much one time i started hating my tone. Took a few days off before going back too it and that fixed everything

What are you monitoring through?
Sounds like you may have blown the tweeter in your listening device.
Or you need more time to rest your ears. It happens to all of us.

Oh....and taking the advice of Cliff - check your cables!

Looks like 2 blown speakers. Very disheartening since I never had these at loud levels. Glad they’re under warranty, but scares me to do bass through these again.

depending on the size of the speakers it's always a good idea to make sure you're not tying to squeeze more bass out of them than they can produce, ie boosting bass frequencies too much to get a phat tone. Are they a7x's?

Looks like 2 blown speakers. Very disheartening since I never had these at loud levels. Glad they’re under warranty, but scares me to do bass through these again.
Something we should have suggested - play music through your speakers to make sure they're ok.
Sounds like you may have already figured this out though.

I'm surprised those monitors don't have a limiter that would protect the tweeters from blowing.

Back
Top Bottom