FM3 Morph Question

So as you know only 1 amp with FM3, anyways I was trying to duplicate the ability to blend from a supper nice rich clean amp tone using the EV1 peddle into a nice overdriven sound and I was quite surprised that the FM3 was a complete fail, I experimented with about 8 different marshal types adding a modifier on the Input drive and to my dismay discovered this is supper f-n lame as it turns the amp block on and off in order to engage the EV1 peddle, Ug.. Then I tried to use a drive block in a similar fashion but just not that graceful when it kicks in and most of the drives do not play well when traversing from that clean sound as I find that most of the drives drop the volume level from clean. another thing I also noticed that the EV1 peddle sometimes misses intermittently. I got to say I use to have a Zoom G9.2tt peddle an it did this much better than the FM3 with 3.01 FW. Id say to you if this is a must deal breaker control to have then the FM3 at least now with current FW is not going to work for you.
But I will say FM3 dose so many other things so well that I never even noticed until I read your post and experimented.
Cheers
Don’t use auto engage for something like this. You want to just increase and decrease parameters without turning the block on and off. This is possible, many do it.

Also, decreasing gain does decrease volume as well. You’d need to put a Level control on the same pedal that works in reverse - turn gain down level up, turn gain up level down.

This is definitely possible.

I experimented with about 8 different marshal types adding a modifier on the Input drive and to my dismay discovered this is supper f-n lame as it turns the amp block on and off in order to engage the EV1 peddle...
Eh? Why are you turning the Amp block on and off? That's guaranteed to be not what you want to hear.

...I find that most of the drives drop the volume level from clean.
There are all kinds of Level parameters available to compensate for that in your morph.

another thing I also noticed that the EV1 peddle sometimes misses intermittently.
What does it miss?

Bottom line: if you're only using one parameter in your morph, you ain't morphin' — you're just turning a knob. :)

You cannot blend/morph between 2 amps on the FM3 because there is only one amp.

People do use one amp and change the Gain and other settings using Scene Controllers. the amp isn’t changing but the settings are for a smooth, immediate change.
That is correct. I use the drive block as another amp in this situation. I morph between 2 paths before my amp/cab blocks. One with drive, one without. FWIW, I'm using this in the realm of a bassist. So I go between fat old school thump and distorted modern rock/metal bass tones via an expression pedal. I still haven't totally dialed it in, but it's getting closer to what I want to hear.

Don’t use auto engage for something like this. You want to just increase and decrease parameters without turning the block on and off. This is possible, many do it.

Also, decreasing gain does decrease volume as well. You’d need to put a Level control on the same pedal that works in reverse - turn gain down level up, turn gain up level down.

This is definitely possible.
Okay so it is possible to morph without these issues?? lol :tearsofjoy:

You are just changing any existing parameter both increase or decrease. I think this video covers it but can this be done with a button (without an expression pedal) and be done on fm3 with just one amp since fm3 doesn’t have ability to use two amps ?

Cooper is a genius.

Back
Top Bottom