FM3 Mkll?

SubKrypt

Given the imminent release of the more powerful quad cortex, will Fractal release a more capable FM3 that can run multiple amps etc so it can compete with the new generation of floor modellers?

What I want are technical products from companies that are well supported for a long time so I can get my moneys worth. Fractal has a track record of doing that. These things are expensive, I don’t want to feel like I have to buy a new one every year because something new came out and the company is abandoning the thing I just bought. I have been through that with Android phones, I don’t want to do that with my guitar equipment.

I agree that Fractal is leading the pack quality wise (I have an axefx 3) - what I’m curious about is if Fractal may feel the ‘perceived’ limitations of the FM3 compared to new floor modellers in relation to not being able to run amps in parallel and number of effects etc may lead to a newer version of the FM3

I have watched some demos of the QC, and am always surprised how little CPU is being used for the patches being created. That tells me the algorithms they are using are less processor intensive. So either they are genius developers who have figured out how to be really efficient, or (more likely) the algorithms are not as sophisticated as what Fractal is doing.

I have watched some demos of the QC, and am always surprised how little CPU is being used for the patches being created. That tells me the algorithms they are using are less processor intensive. So either they are genius developers who have figured out how to be really efficient, or (more likely) the algorithms are not as sophisticated as what Fractal is doing.
I was thinking the same.

Their modeling maybe not be as deep and detailed as Fractal’s, not only the amp modeling but effect models too.

Or they just drastically overprovisioned the CPU ..

Back
Top Bottom