FM3 MkII on the Horizon?

danchez

So the Axe FX III MkII was just released and I'm on the FM3 waitlist contemplating if I should just wait for the FM3 MkII if that's going to come out imminently within the next couple of months? I suppose I'd be hoping for more processing power in the MkII in order to have more blocks in a single preset but don't know if that'll be one of the features. Ultimately, I know I'd be really upset if I make the FM3 purchase and then find that version 2 of the hardware comes out a couple of months after my purchase.

Last edited:
So the Axe FX III MkII was just released and I'm on the FM3 waitlist contemplating if I should just wait for the FM3 MkII if that's going to come out imminently within the next couple of months? I suppose I'd be hoping for more processing power in the MkII in order to have more blocks in a single preset but don't know if that'll be one of the features. Ultimately, I know I'd be really upset if I make the FM3 purchase and then find that version 2 of the hardware comes out a couple of months after my purchase.
The Axe III has been out for like 3 years. I think you're fine.

Wait, there wasn't always something on the horizon? Where is the FM4 waitlist?

Seriously, you can do what you want, but if you hope that a mark 2 may have more processing power (processing power was discussed over and over again), then please take a look at the FXIII mk2 announcement - it's basically a hardware revision, not a new product. And so it will be on days to come with the FM3: a hardware revision, nothing more. Enjoy what you can get of it, if it suits you. Life is to short to always be bothered about phantoms.

Last edited:
We might need to call in reinforcements for this one.

Triple-Facepalm-Star-Trek.jpg

Back
Top Bottom