FM3 FM3 JP2C Compared to Real JP2C

Snouttrout

Inspired
I did an experiment today to see how close the FM3's model of the JP2C compares to the real amp. For the FM3, I ran it to the Matrix GT1000FX --> DV Mark 4x12 --> SM57. For the JP2C I ran it into the same DV Mark 4x12 with the same SM57 in the same position. I didn't have a way to A/B compare the two, and I wasn't trying to match the EQ settings exactly. I wanted to see if I would be missing anything in a live setting or even in the studio. I recorded the following: (1) Amp A with no graphic EQ (2) Amp B with no graphic EQ (3) AMP A with graphic EQ (4) Amp B with graphic EQ.

The pre-eq appeared to be the same. I have no good way to compare the graphic EQs so I just adjusted a little bit. Anyway, it seems to me that any differences in the recorded audio could probably be worked out (if you wanted to match one to the other) with EQ adjustments.

Anyway, what do you think? I have convinced myself that I will lose nothing live or in the studio. Remarkable.

I didn't realize when I tried to upload it that mp3s were not allowed. I'll have to figure out another way to post it.

Back
Top Bottom