FM3 issue with new firmware gets stuck on booting.

It is a logged bug. It has happened to me twice. Just turn it off, wait five seconds and turn it on again. Should boot as normal.

I'm guessing they'll fix it with the next patch. But as I said, it happened to me twice but resolves by re-powering.

On my unit this occurs when I flick the on/off button to “on” when there is no (AC) power feeding the unit. Then I flick the switch to “off” again, make sure the unit is (AC) powered and try to start the unit up once more. At that point the unit freezes as mentioned in the OP. I switch the unit off again, wait a couple of seconds and start up again, and then all seems normal and the unit works just fine.
I’m a certified buffoon when it comes to these sort of technical issues, but maybe this observation might mean something to somebody who knows a thing or two about this stuff. If not, oh well, I gave it a shot, just trying to help…..

Mine did it again last night, so that is three times for me so far. This one happened when I was setting up for rehearsal so it was the only one that gave me a little stress. But as with the other ones, it recovered normally by restarting.

I will feel better when this is patched though.

This happened to mine for first time just a few moments ago, using 5.02. Restart fixed it though.
Bummer. @rglr had a few of us test a beta version of 5.02 to fix this. I did a bunch of reboots with no freeze. Haven't had it happen since I upgraded to the release version, though I have only turned it on a handful of times since then.

I'll pipe back in if it happens to me again.

Back
Top Bottom