FM3 into Fryette PS-2A -> Speaker setup help..

Chilifactory

FM3 into Fryette PS-2A -> Speaker setup help..

So I'm just trying to figure out the netural amp setup.. Using the FM3 as the amp modeler- is there any other ways i could connect these two?

I'm looking into

Using the Power Station's Self-Attenuation Feature for Silent Recording​

This concept .. but does the FM3 have a lineout? I'm completely new to this space... Any help for a noob would be incredible.

Kind regards,

Josh
281106445_1660444320979439_8930219439006173063_n.jpg281755476_815049606124766_1335932719666130056_n.jpg

For silent recording why are you using the Fryette at all? Just run your FM3 direct.

There should be no situation where using the self-attenuation feature of the Fryette is necessary with the FM3.

If you just want convenient cable setup, connect your FM3 to the line in on the Fryette, connect the line out to your audio interface and leave the Fryette powered off for silent recording. The line out will still work. You could even do the same thing with a tube amp as the loadbox is passive so it always works.

If you want to try the self attenuation thing then do this:

FM3 out 1 > PS-2 line in > speaker cable going from PS-2 speaker out > PS-2 speaker in > PS-2 line out to FM3 (for cab block simulation and post effects).

I don't think the self-attenuation feature is going to do much for you since the FM3 can easily simulate the power amplifier saturation. The self-attenuation mode is meant to give power amp saturation to preamp only devices like an ADA-MP1.

Thank you for the replies!

I was hoping to use the fm3 -> fryette powerstation -> marshall 2x12 for a live setup..

The self attenuation is just picking the brains as i'm challenged with understanding this audio concepts.

Appreicate all the helpful replies

I was hoping to use the fm3 -> fryette powerstation -> marshall 2x12 for a live setup..

The self attenuation is just picking the brains as i'm challenged with understanding this audio concepts.

I'm not sure I understand what you're asking here and why. The Powerstation series is designed to load down an amp and reamplify it into a speaker for live use. Plus, you can input a preamp, ie your FM3 here, for using it as a poweramp live into a speaker.

The self-attenuation is unnecessary when you use the FM3. It's mostly useful for using the PS with a preamp-only device. This would be e.g FM3 with poweramp modeling disabled or a preamp pedal/rack unit. But FM3 with poweramp modeling does not need it at all. Just find a speaker impedance curve setting in the amp block that you like with the real 2x12 cab and you are good to go.

The self-attenuation is unnecessary when you use the FM3. It's mostly useful for using the PS with a preamp-only device. This would be e.g FM3 with poweramp modeling disabled or a preamp pedal/rack unit. But FM3 with poweramp modeling does not need it at all. Just find a speaker impedance curve setting in the amp block that you like with the real 2x12 cab and you are good to go.
Brilliant thank you!

Yeah. You guys are right. I feel like i was asking too much of this setup. I feel I'd need another power amp.. or i was thinking of getting a syngery preamp. I am running a princeton 65 as the preamp. Disabled preamp/cabinet. Works beautifully. I've bought a XLR - 1/4 .. confusing to know which one works properly. the guide seems to be a little vague.

How do you like the PS-2A? I've been thinking about picking one up, although I really have no complaints about the S.D PS-170 I am using now. lol.

I've been loving it! I haven't really figured out the FM3 with it yet.. so I've mostly just been using it to boost my princeton into a mega amp. I believe the powerstation is something new in the guitar world. I can't explain exactly what it is because i have no background in audio engineering. I mostly play jazz without an amp. However the guitartists I've show this setup have been blown away with the full responisve sound.

I've been loving it! I haven't really figured out the FM3 with it yet.. so I've mostly just been using it to boost my princeton into a mega amp. I believe the powerstation is something new in the guitar world. I can't explain exactly what it is because i have no background in audio engineering. I mostly play jazz without an amp. However the guitartists I've show this setup have been blown away with the full responisve sound.
It’s a loadbox and a tube poweramp in one box.

Do you think it's worth getting another load box to power the power amp?
The loadbox is only relevant if you are connecting a tube amp to the Amp In. Otherwise the loadbox is not used. With modelers you would be connecting to the Line In or Fx Return jacks which means no loadbox.

The loadbox in the Fryette PS is very good.

The loadbox is only relevant if you are connecting a tube amp to the Amp In. Otherwise the loadbox is not used. With modelers you would be connecting to the Line In or Fx Return jacks which means no loadbox.

The loadbox in the Fryette PS is very good.
I would like to use Syn2 Synergy with ps2a to have the power amp sound in silent mode (IR and effect with fm9) No problem with my Helios head in the same situation but no sound with the preamp ... What i missed ?
Thanks

Back
Top Bottom