FM3 in Europe is $500 more than USA?

What you are describing is for items you buy in a store in Europe and travel back to the US. You dont have to pay the VAT. This is not what the OP is talking about. He lives in Spain and the FM3 is being shipped. In his scenario, he has to pay the VAT.
The first paragraph is just responding to someone saying "I already paid state sales tax in the US why would I pay VAT" by saying "you still owe the VAT. Europe has a process in place where if you do the opposite (pay VAT as a tourist then leave) you can get the VAT back and only pay the import fees in north america. But I don't know if the US has the opposite: where you can get the state fees reimbursed before you pay VAT. Either way you are supposed (legally obligated) to pay VAT when you return with new goods valued more than your exemption limit.

If you buy something new in Europe that you're bring back to North America, you can declare that before you leave and get the VAT returned to you. I'm not sure you can do the same going out of the US though.

But any of these times you returned to the UK, you were probably given a declarations card to fill out, stating how many good you purchased and are returning with. If you don't list something you're supposed to declare that is in fact a crime. Maybe a hard one for them to prove that you didn't have an Axe FX III when you left and you're just returning with it, but you are still supposed to declare it and pay the VAT.

That's why anytime you order it shipped (and therefore can't lie that you already owned it) or a company imports it they have to pay the additional taxes and duties, and part of why buying domestically is more expensive: they have a harder time illegally importing goods that you.
I was never given any such card ever. I don't think it exists. They do give landing cards for non UK citizens but that's it.

Quite frankly I wouldn't care about the cost if I could have one--it is near on impossible to receive one outside of the USA. Fractal's sales processes are poor and discriminatory. Every single distributor outside of the US is out of stock

Quite frankly I wouldn't care about the cost if I could have one--it is near on impossible to receive one outside of the USA. Fractal's sales processes are poor and discriminatory. Every single distributor outside of the US is out of stock
So when a product sells out at the distributor, that makes the product manufacturer discriminatory?

Are you insane? I’ve had one for nearly a year and I’m not in the USA.

Discriminatory is not the word I would use but it's definitely more difficult to get them outside USA and it took what, 6 months before EU users started to get them after US customers started getting theirs?

I heavily dislike the whole waiting list thing where you get in line and have zero idea about when you will get the device. I have a Quad Cortex on preorder since last Christmas on Thomann and even though the delivery date has slipped about 4-5 times by now, I have at least some semblance of the estimated timeline. I'd rather have broken promises than being completely in the dark.

Meanwhile if I go to G66 website I can see the price and that the FM3 is sold out and ask me to send an email to join a waiting list.

I agree with Zebroa. Being in Canada, we always get bent over with the GST when buying U.S. goods. But For what I get with the FM3 valuewise... it is well worth it.

i had this thing twice, waited for the ax8 for ages, and again for the fm3. BUT, this seems due to the amount of pieces that can be produced and distributed from fractal for abroad i guess the us. market comes first after that comes ROW. Also we have to keep in mind that due to covid several network suppliers even like cisco had much longer waiting times due to undeliverable semiconductors. Nether the less, the whole time line from announcing a new product with comming„soon“ can be timeline wise, translatet with, from know on it takes about 12month until it is deliverable in Europe. And this has surly some room for improvement. My 2 cents on that. Will i buy another product from fractal? Definitely, because they are worth every penny.

So when a product sells out at the distributor, that makes the product manufacturer discriminatory?

Are you insane? I’ve had one for nearly a year and I’m not in the USA.
No, what I meant was that Fractal are being discriminatory not supplying units to any distributor outside of the USA. There are no FM3's available outside of the USA and Fractal is not advising when stock will become available for the distributors. There is plenty of stock in the USA. How does that work?

Prices today:

US - FAS: $1000
Europe - G66: $1,514
Australia - Independent Music: $1,662
Thailand - String Shop: $1,248

Lucky Thailand today, but I'm still disgusted for having paid $3,399 to get the Axe-FX III in Thailand back in 2008

Last edited:
I think the seller was just happy to find a customer who expected an Axe-Fx III in 2008. :)

Not only him. These days there were several Axe-FX III at Reverb and Ebay at exo-orbital prices, some more expensive than that, and they were all sold.

There is speculation and profiting every time that there is a new FAS product. Some people buy them from the initial waiting list only to resell them outside of the US

Not only him. These days there were several Axe-FX III at Reverb and Ebay at exo-orbital prices, some more expensive than that, and they were all sold.

There is speculation and profiting every time that there is a new FAS product. Some people buy them from the initial waiting list only to resell them outside of the US
I think the joke went over your head...

2008 ;)

• Love
Reactions: Rex
Back
Top Bottom