FM3 in Europe is $500 more than USA?

christophersad

hello guys,so i aw that in usa,fm3 is going for 999 while in europe its still 1490...thats a 500$ difference........isnt it too much? every other modeler has around the same price worldwide and even if theres a difference ....its not 1. x the price.... cmon,hows that? i get the 1 more year warranty etc...but even if you buy 3 year in usa its still 400 difference...

yeah I didn’t think it was worth it here in Europe, too expensive for what it offers. I got a used Axe 3 instead, which is way better value for money in my opinion.

In Europe, we have VAT - the rates are typically 19 / 20% - higher than sales taxes in U.S States.

There is no trade deal between U.S and EU so import tariffs apply (2 - 3 %)

In EU, G66 sell with very comprehensive 3 year warranty.

If you live in UK and were to purchase an FM3 from a US based seller (Fractal won't supply direct), on top of the FM3, you will pay £60 shipping plus 2.5% duty plus a handling fee of £15 plus UK VAT @20% on everything that I've just listed.

Last edited:
Yep, covered multiple times. Has nothing to do with Fractal and everything to do with import costs and currency rates. You want to know how much a Mayones or Aviator is in Canada?

if you have someone in the states just get it via them, it will be much cheaper than getting it from europe

In Brazil I paid $1800 for a brand new FM3 at Fractal's official importer.

Edit: Dolar to Brazilian Real is 5.5:1 due to pandemy, so it was very expensive to me. :sweat:

You still need to pay VAT.
How? I have friends in NY that going back and forth to the UK. in NY the final price is 1118 usd including tax and shipping, which is 800 gbp with the current exchange rate. that is at least 400 pounds less than getting it from g66.

How? I have friends in NY that going back and forth to the UK. in NY the final price is 1118 usd including tax and shipping, which is 800 gbp with the current exchange rate. that is at least 400 pounds less than getting it from g66.
They would have to pay the VAT when it lands on the UK side. Unless they ship it uninsured and under a false declaration and then if they get caught doing that they’ll wish they’d paid the domestic price.

They would have to pay the VAT when it lands on the UK side. Unless they ship it uninsured and under a false declaration and then if they get caught doing that they’ll wish they’d paid the domestic price.
You don't declare anything when you get personal stuff with you. Otherwise we would have been paying vat for our own belongings. I m not talking about getting it and reselling it.

You still have to pay VAT if you import stuff. Even if you call it personal stuff :)
I wish it worked that way, but...
You don't declare anything when you get personal stuff with you. Otherwise we would have been paying vat for our own belongings. I m not talking about getting it and reselling it.

If your friend manages to pass through customs without declaring then you've got a result although you'll still have a unit with no warranty or if you did manage to get a warranty - you'd have potential issues in sending back for repair because you'd have no proof that you paid import duty / VAT when it entered UK. Of course, your friend could attempt to carry out and back again.

If your friend manages to pass through customs without declaring then you've got a result although you'll still have a unit with no warranty or if you did manage to get a warranty - you'd have potential issues in sending back for repair because you'd have no proof that you paid import duty / VAT when it entered UK. Of course, your friend could attempt to carry out and back again.
Indeed if something happens it s a hassle but other than that there is no issue at all. I have done countless trips and also loads and loads of friends too that get stuff like iphones etc (for personal use always) and not a single one has ever been stopped in like the last 20 years.

If someone is bringing an item in which is clearly brand new, the
so for every trip you make abroad you pay vat for any stuff you bought from there? Let's be real.
Try not being so obtuse, if you go through with an obviously brand new item you will get questioned and if you falsely or undeclare an item and get caught out you will get smacked up hard with fines and maybe lose the device. Obviously used items like clothing are not taxed but if you have a suitcase full of items with the tags still on then you will likely get an extended search, questioning and unnecessary BS.

All my family still lives in the UK and bring/send stuff back and forth all the time and they've had to surrender some things. If they mail something I pay import duty, even if its a box of crappy kids toys/treats worth $30.

Back
Top Bottom