FM3 in Dual Mono?

JTI

Power User
Can the FM3 be ran in dual mono? I want to use both effects loops but have the outputs be the same summed to mono signal chain.

I think so, with a little careful management of panning/routing. The physical volume knobs affect both sides of the stereo OUT1 and OUT2 pairs though, which may be an issue unless you don't use them.

Its not exactly the same, but I think this shares some elements: I built a 4CM patch that uses OUT2-L to feed the input of my tube amp and OUT2-R to feed the FX Return of my tube amp. INPUT2-L is currently the FX-Send from my tube amp while INPUT2-R is unused. That could be an aux input or something. I haven't decided yet.

Reactions: JTI
With the I/O and 4 outputs you could configure: Dual Mono, Quad Mono, Mano a Mono, Stereo, Dual Stereo, Quadrophonic (Need a bit of work to set up pan sweeps, LFO clycling and the like).

Thanks for the replies. I have a couple of different connection scenarios in mind that could work. Whether it's put my SY and GR55 in the FM3 loop or GR in a FM loop and that in the SY's loop.

Did Jive get an FM3??
Nah. I'd be just building the d@mn presets I need if that was already the case.

I've been circling this thing for months. I've been looking for some next level reverb and multifx to add to the guitar synth rig. You are looking at enough money for just that, that the FM3 really isn't that far behind price-wise :oops: And what you get beyond just that lush verb/delay/fx beyond that is an excellent bonus. I haven't quite convinced myself just yet. Mainly because I'd have to build a second tier on my pedalboard o_O:oops::grinning:

But we'll see if I make it through the day with my e-wallet "unscathed".

Nah. I'd be just building the d@mn presets I need if that was already the case.

I've been circling this thing for months. I've been looking for some next level reverb and multifx to add to the guitar synth rig. You are looking at enough money for just that, that the FM3 really isn't that far behind price-wise :oops: And what you get beyond just that lush verb/delay/fx beyond that is an excellent bonus. I haven't quite convinced myself just yet. Mainly because I'd have to build a second tier on my pedalboard o_O:oops::grinning:

But we'll see if I make it through the day with my e-wallet "unscathed".
Be strong ;)

Back
Top Bottom